android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2011, 11:39 AM

Default managing podcasts in Rockbox (preferably using winamp)

I just got my Clip+ and installed Rockbox.
I am now somewhat puzzled about how to manage my podcast subscriptions. I hope someone here can help me as I have been looking around for some time now for a solution (yes I even checked the manual )

I use Winamp to manage music on my computer, and it has nice features to put music on the Clip+, and download podcasts. It will even sync the latest podcasts to the Clip+ and make a playlist of them. So far so good ... however when I try to find this playlist on the Clip+ it does not show up. Searching through the files I find the actually podcasts, but not nicely sorted from the rest of my music as I would like.

I do find a file named podcast.pla that I assume is the playlist winamp created, but it will not play.

If I boot the Clip+ in the original firmware I do find a playlist named 'Podcasts' containing the podcasts, but I would really prefer using Rockbox.

Does anyone know how to make this work? What I want is just some kind of playlist or submenu that syncs with my podcasts.

Maybe Winamp is just not the right program to use for podcasts with Rockbox, but then perhaps you can recommend some other program?

Last edited by Guut Boy; 02-10-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]