android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 02-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Ok I am here in BB. They have a fuze + on display, but the screen is either locked or is in a serious deep freeze. I cannot even turn it off and rep says it has been like this for a while.
This is the main problem with best buy. I went there a while ago to try out the new iPod Touch, and it was locked. Luckily, I told a rep that I came there to try out an iPod, and he got a new one out of the cabinet and let me try it ! If you're still there lol I suggest you ask him/her....

Good luck though, if you like the sound of your Clip+, you'll be happy with your Fuze if you find one....

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-13-2011, 02:07 PM

OK - I got the Fuze + working (at BB) after holding the power button for like 20 seconds 2 or 3 different times; it finally turned off. I have to agree with Les. the touch pad is not bad at all. It certainly is MUCH BETTER than the Samsung Q1 - I cannot say much for the sound quality as, under the circumstances, I really could not check it out the way that I wanted to.

As McD. said, no Fuze in sight - but I did try out the ipod's scroll wheel just to see if this is something that I would not mind using. Esp. after looking at some of those themes on the Rockbox site, I am actually excited about the prospect of getting the Fuze. So, I am off to go order one now.

Thanks for all of the help.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Keeper:

If you're going to BB again, take your earphones, and a microSD card with some songs on it. Hopefully they'll let you stick the card in the player.

Steve

Last edited by FreeZ5; 02-13-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:41 PM

Yip - Had my headphones in my hand- right up until the time I walked out of my apt. . Got to BB and realized I left them home. Taking microSD card is a good idea. I was able to listen to some music, but had no idea what types of files those were. I could not find any file information about any song. I did listen to some of the preloaded music with some Sony headphones they had, but I have no idea of whether or not those were good quality phones or not. They just happened to be close by. Lastly, I did not like the sample music, so it was not easy for me to listen to it. I did, but mostly I was I just played around with the player to get a feel for the UI and navigation system. Under the circumstances, I know that I should not put a value on the SQ.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Listen to YOUR MUSIC and with YOUR HEADPHONES. Chances are BB, as well as other stores, "enhance" their music to improve the listening experience. You will be better off listening with your gear to make the best determination.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Unfotunately you also can't put much value on any of the instore UI experience. It changes radically once you actually load it to any significant degree. Take a look here. The firmware is badly broken. lestatar is correct that several firmware updates have been issued but none of them have addressed the serious issues involved. From the looks of that statement the firmware needs to be completely reworked.

While that statement is true as far it goes it seriously minimizes other firmware related issues. Take a look around the Sansa site if you follow that link. There are nothing but complaints about the Fuze+.

True enough that not many are going to sign up to say things are working great but the lack of any resolution for the majority of the issues is troubling. Even the most ardent of the Fuze+ supporters are advising to wait for the new firmware. Until Sandisk addresses that I'll keep my money in my pocket.

Which is a shame. When I had mine I did volume match testing between that and the other Sansas I have. I couldn't find enough difference between them to say that one sounded better than the other. I couldn't even tell the difference when I tried to ABX the recorded signal. Remember that's the opinion of an untrained listener using home equipment. RMAA results or someone with better training and equipment may say I'm full of it.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:29 AM

Default Fuze on the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post

cheers, good luck and tell us what you decide,
-les
Everyone,

Thanks for your input. I went with a black 8gb refurbed Fuze; it cost just $49.55 delivered from Buy.com. According to tracking info, it has arrived here, just have to wait for the mail to be distributed. I am excited, might be playing around with themes all day ummmm ya, at work .

Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Everyone,

Thanks for your input. I went with a black 8gb refurbed Fuze; it cost just $49.55 delivered from Buy.com. According to tracking info, it has arrived here, just have to wait for the mail to be distributed. I am excited, might be playing around with themes all day ummmm ya, at work .
Hope you enjoy it!

Old 02-17-2011, 11:48 AM

Congrats for your purchase....and remember two things----
i)get a cover for it, its a scratch magnet and
ii)avoid leaving it plugged in the computer for charging all through the night (get a charger, because it doesnt keep the Fuze's screen on all the time) people have encountered problems with that....best of luck...!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Totally agree with psgarcha92. Congrats and enjoy!
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies