android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung T9

Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 PM

Default Error: "can not perform the library update from insufficient memory"

Hi, I've been following the ABi forum for a long time now, but this is my first time starting a thread
I have the YP-T9 4GB non-bluetooth version. I've used up pretty much all the memory at this point: the info from the player shows that I have a mere 3.8MB left on the player
To transfer files, I just use windows explorer; I don't even have emodio on my computer. This has always worked fine for me without problems. With firmware version 1.80 EU, whenever I add/remove songs, I just update the library from the player settings, and everything usually turns out fine.
The library update function worked fine up to when I had a little over 6MB remaining on the player; but now down to 3.8MB, when I try to update library, I get an error that says "can not perform the library update from insufficient memory" and the library is, needless to say, not updated.
I suppose I COULD just remove a song or two and it will work, but I would like to keep all my songs if possible. I don't really understand why an error like this would even exist, and googling didn't really turn up results for me. So can anyone think of some way that will maybe fix this?
Thanks

Last edited by IamHere; 02-13-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-13-2011, 03:35 AM
Samsung Moderator

Well you know how bad Windows works when there are only some MB left on the HDD. That may be the same with a mp3 player. The firmware needs free space for common operations like library update.
Convert a song to a lower bitrate or get a new DAP

Old 02-13-2011, 03:14 PM

I've never been anywhere close to filling up a computer HDD before, so I'm not familiar with how Windows acts up at that situation (though I would imagine it'd be quite frustrating). But that's kind of disappointing if I can't use all of the space on my player... even more so than the fact that advertised 4GB means slightly less than 4GB...
But I didn't think about converting to some songs to lower bitrates. I suppose I could do that.
Thank you