android
Old 02-13-2011, 06:51 PM

Default Cover art issue with S754

Hi there,

Some albums cover arts are not displayed on my S754. Let me explain my problem :

I am used to following these steps trying to get my MP3 cover cleanly displayed:
- I have a FLAC album.
- I download a 500x500 (~50/100 Kb) JPEG cover on Google Images and set it as front cover using MP3TAG for all the album songs.
- I convert my FLAC album perfectly tagged into MP3 -V2 using dbPoweramp (LAME 3.94r).
- Done
I transfer these albums into my S754. Most of (90%) albums covers are correctly displayed. But still have some albums with no cover Though these problem mp3 cover arts are properly displayed in MediaMonkey, Windows, Playstation 3 , etc...

I can fix this problem should I choose another JPEG cover. Such a waste of time !

Thus I assume that some JPEG (specific properties like progressive JPG ??) picture may pose a problem with my MP3 player ?

is anyone have the same trouble ?

Thanks !!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey welcome to ABi...

Most, if not all players that I am aware of, will choke and have problems with progressive JPGs. Avoid progressive JPG files and you should be good to go 100% of the time.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Odd that dbpa doesn't properly embed the artwork for you. I had no problems with the files I ripped during the trial run I did with it some months ago. I decided against the purchase because I just don't have that much ripping to do but it's a good app.

You may want to check their forums or get in touch with the vendor for a possible long term solution. Until then you could try embedding the AA with Mp3tag after dbpa rips it. It's an extra step but all the files I use Mp3tag with show the AA reliably on my Sonys.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:18 PM

Thanks for answering. I think actually the problem involves only the JPEG itself. Indeed when I try re-embedding the cover art in my mp3 (using the same JPEG than in my FLAC) I got the same issue.
How may i know when a JPEG is progressive ?
Plus, I noted that cover art embedding process could be long (20sec an album) or fast (1sec an album) Why ?
Thanks!

Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Administrator

I use the Faststone Image Viewer for my limited graphics needs. It can give you the properties of an image including whether it's progressive. It's also very handy for saving the image in the appropriate format for embedding.

For me writing a fresh set of tags takes the 20-30 seconds you mention. It's sometimes more or a bit less depending on how many files are in the album. The only time I've seen an entire album tagged in a second is when the tags all ready exist in the correct format. Rather than overrwriting a good set of tags it seems Mp3Tag and the other tagging programs I've used checks the existing tag and leaves them.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:55 PM

Okay skip Good to know !
When I see for myself that tagging could last 30sec or 1sec, its only when I set a new cover art for the entire album. Other text tags already proper.
thus still wondering about it

Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Are all your images displaying properly now?