android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2011, 01:14 AM

Default Managing Podcasts

I've got a Fuze for two days now, while it sounds quite well and is a nice device, i'm quite in trouble with the core functionality i need it for.

I synchronize podcasts with gPodder, i usually listen to about 20 to 40 a day, with roughly 60 on the device. When i'm on the desktop i listen to podcasts directly from the computer. I use the Fuze with M

I ran into some difficulties:

- Podcasts are not marked as played, and thus not deleted when synchronizing
- I haven't managed to put Podcasts into any playlist.
- Podcasts are stored in a seemingly disorganised manner, not sorted by the channel but by the authors i think. Things are even worse as only a short part of every entry is visible in the menu.
- Even after marking a podcast as 'played' in gPodder, synchronizing does NOT remove it from the Fuze.

A brief search in this forum brought only rather brusque answers to others with similar issues, and completely impractical suggestions like deleting podcasts manually, changing their id3s etc.

As i anticipate those answers: Spotting the 20 podcasts played from a list with 60 cryptic filenames is not really easy.

Conclusion: Is there any way to use podcasts on the Fuze in a reasonable and automated way. Do you have established methods to work around those shortcommings. Is there other software, or is using MTP mode (possible?) a solution?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]