android
Old 11-27-2011, 05:00 AM

Default NWZ-E443 storage full when empty

Hello!
My MP3 is showing up as full in Windows' folder properties, but the storage only contains the Sony installer - 130MB. The rest of the folders are empty.
What can i do to recover my lost space? I was thinking of formatting, but I'm afraid my MP3 player won't start up after. Advice? Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-27-2011, 06:09 AM

I have just looked at the options menu on the Sony E464, under "common settings" is the option to "reset/format". If the E443 has this option (or one like it) it should be safer to use than formatting using Windows. Hope this helps :-)

Last edited by thatgta3guy; 11-27-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:31 AM

Maybe you have a (hidden) .trash file?

Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgta3guy View Post
I have just looked at the options menu on the Sony E464, under "common settings" is the option to "reset/format". If the E443 has this option (or one like it) it should be safer to use than formatting using Windows. Hope this helps :-)
Exactly. Don't format under windows, that will remove everything on the player, including some of the firmware.

Most likely, you're trying to access the files through MSC (where you jsut plug it in and it shows up as an external drive), but the files were transferred to the player using MTP (a program like Windows Media Player or the like was used to send the files to the player). Files set up with MTP have this annoying tendency to be ignored by windows and won't be displayed except through another program.

Just use the on-player format/factory reset, and it will remove everything that has been transferred to it, while leaving the firmware intact.
movies, Netflix and internet, oh my!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:49 AM

Got the same walkman, but I run Ubuntu (Linux) and formatting in Ubuntu did not remove any firmware or anything.

Tags
e443, full storage