android
Old 03-01-2011, 11:39 AM

Default Zen won't charge with new battery or old battery

I recently bought a replacement battery from amazon, i installed it and it wouldnt charge. Apparently this is a common problem, and a few posts I've read say that I should down rev the firmware. My only problem is my old battery wont hold a charge at all! When I plug it into the wall charger the blue light just keeps blinking, and when I try to turn it on I get a screen with only a few pixels on it (after the Zen boot up screen that is). Nothing is corrupt, because with the new battery I can plug it into the wall charger and power it up properly (I can play music, listen to the radio, etc). So everything works fine with the new battery, I just cant unplug it from the wall charger, since the battery never charges! I don't think it charges on my computer either, just a blue light blinking (but then again i don't have drivers installed since I have Win 7 64 bit, and XP 64 bit and couldn't get any of them to work). Any suggestions that might help me with charging this thing up or getting it to turn on when i have it plugged into my computer so i can attempt a firmware down grade?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-04-2011, 04:46 PM

It was a little hard to understand your post. But you can pull the battery and do the fw upgrade without it. Does that help?