android
Old 12-27-2006, 12:05 PM

Default My Zen V won't charge

I've recently found an old cell phone charger that fits my zen perfectly but it refuses to charge. When I plug it in, it cuts my player on but thatls it. Does any1 know why and how I can fix this? I really dpnt wanna shell out 30 bucks to buy a real charge off te website.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-27-2006, 04:25 PM

I have a USB wall charger that I bought for my Toshiba PDA model 750 and I thought I could use it on my Audiovox cell phone, but it would not work. I could not understand this because I have a wall charger for the Audiovox cell phone that puts out 5 volts and you can charge the phone by plugging it into the USB port on a computer that has Active sync installed. So there must be so sort of handshake that enables. I thing maybe they are use pulling one or two ( there are only two) of the data lines high or low to tell the device it is connected. I think this is may be some sort of ploy to make the user use the
Manufacturers product. Maybe the Zen does has this same thing built in. When I get a chance I am going to break the cable open and monitor the lines with a scope and see what is going on.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:43 PM

Many non-Creative chargers will not work with Zen V.

The power adapter for the Zen Micro is still on sale for $9.99 (it cost me ~$17 w/ tax and shipping) on the Creative website. It WILL work with Zen V, and it will cut your charging time in half.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:43 PM

ya many people tried using cell phone chargers to no avail