Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2011, 04:22 PM
acchang4 acchang4 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Default Help? Into the Washing Machine

Hey there,

I got a Sansa Fuze in January, used off eBay. I was enjoying it -- my first MP3 player -- until I left it in my jacket and put it in the wash... and didn't take it out until 8 hours later.

I dried it out using the old rice trick (though I couldn't help not turn it on immediately after I found it.)

Long story short, it seems to have survived ... somewhat. When I plug it in to my USB port, I get the Sansa exploding logo screen, and the "writing" and "connected" message.

The battery logo was initially empty, but now it shows fully charged. I can also access the data I had on the player via my computer. The problem is, when I unplug it from the USB port, it no longer works.

I think it may be the battery. I was thinking of buying a replacement battery in hopes of salvaging it -- but other things, such as the wheel or headphone jack may not work, and I'd have wasted the cost of a battery. I can't seem to turn the player on when I have it plugged in.

Do y'all have any suggestions? I figure I have two options: buy a new battery and run the risk of wasting that cash, or selling the player as-is and buying a new player altogether. It's not too much of a difference, probably.

I'd spend $15 for the new battery. A new player might run me $30, and I can sell the old one for parts, hopefully for around $10.

Also, can you suggest any other diagnostics I might try? Do you think it's the battery?

Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.