android
Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 AM

Default Buying the Cowon X 7 at exportprive.com

Hey everyone,

basically I have decided to get myself a cowon X7 now, however I am still contemplating where to get it.
As I have read quite a few posts of people who bought their cowon products at exportprive.com, I am contemplating doing so myself atm. However as I havent used that shop myself before I a m still a little hesitant. I have noticed for example that the flash memory in the advert on the webpage is given as being 1GB although it is supposeed to be 2 GB, I am also a little concerned about the whole thing being called a ''promo pack'':exportprive.com/pack-promo-cowon-iaudio-black-160gb-cowon-jelly-case-official-cowon-screen-protection-film-p-14216.html.

I know that I am probably just overly worried, but it is a lot of money after all. So I would be really grateful if someone who has bought the x7 at exportprive could comment on this.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-22-2011, 07:29 AM

I bought the cowon x7 a month ago. Got it last week. Took 2 weeks at customs and had to pay import tax for it. I order the player on a thursday and it was on the plane on saturday.

The jelly case protects the back and sides against scratches. The screenprotector is a small piece of plastic protecting the screen.

The flash memory is 2 gb

Old 03-22-2011, 07:41 AM

i can assure you that the product itself will be perfectly ok ( ordered stuff through them as well, just not a PMP, why you can read below)

BUT as xyqtt pointed out, you might have to pay extra for customs and if there is any problem with it, you have to send it to them as well and probably rma it through them. and this might cost you extra.

where do you live? maybe there's an alternative.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 03-22-2011, 08:00 AM

I will be in China until the end of june and do not want to wait until then to get it. Unfortunately the official cowon reseller in China has sold out the x7 160GB and I dont really trust other online shops here, so exportprive seems to be the only alternative.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:50 AM

well, again i think you can trust exportprive.com. they're a genuine online shop (own experience, bought a ringke case that fits my J3 and usb wall charger) and from multiple user experiences floating around here and other sites they also have a quite good customer service, as in replying to emails within few hours to minutes, calling you when you leave a phone number and being courteous and even sending extra items when they screwed up your order, even to an extent add those items to your for free once in a while, quite mysterious to me, though... but highly appreciated, guess.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 03-23-2011, 06:55 AM

My experiences with Exportprive are positive as well. Delivery took about two weeks (I live in The Netherlands), but mainly because the delivery company held onto it and asked me to fill in a form. In the end, it cost me 70 euro's extra for tax and import fees. But for that, I got the purple X7 :-) And even better, Exportprive actually set the firmware to Dutch, which is really a nice gesture (even though I changed it to English). Be advised though that the firmware is Korean (but multilingual). I don't believe it matters much, but you can easily install the international firmware instead if you like. Also, I would advise against using the screen protection film. My X7 didn't respond at all with that stuff on it. But the silicon case is great!

Last edited by mdk1970; 03-23-2011 at 07:00 AM.