Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 AM

Default Cowon D3 Firmware v1.33

Site: http://board.cowon.com/zeroboard/zbo...1&bmenu=iAUDIO

Download: http://download.cowon.com/data/C08/D3/1_33/update.zip

Google translate:

Quote:
* Video player
Playback Performance: maximum speed supported 2.0x
(In some high-definition video playback speed may be limited.)

Add File Sharing
(Press and hold the file name from the list of files 'shared' items selected)

Adding captions manually set the encoding and locale

By touch at a certain point move to improve your reaction speed

* Music Player
Playback Performance: maximum speed supported 2.0x

Add File Sharing
(Press and hold the file name from the list of files 'shared' items selected)

If you have many files in the file list screen to show the rapid improvement

Meta Tags also play FLAC files on the failure to improve the
(For improvements to reflect the 'Settings> Privacy> Media Database Update is necessary.)

When playing music via Bluetooth gokneomgim occasional noise in the process of improving

* Paint
Adding Multi-Touch Drawing

* Document Viewer
Diversification of the text encoding option

* Comic Viewer
Fixed scrolling sometimes stops

* Wi-Fi
After turning in sleep mode, the error correction sometimes fails to connect to AP

* Task Manager
Run 'list', 'installed apps', 'memory cleanup' Add

Task Manager widget
('Touch and hold on the desktop> Add to Home Screen> Widgets> Task Manager may choose to.)

* Additional stability improvements

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Samsung Moderator

I don't know if it has already been said here but the D3 will get a major firmware upgrade in April. Indeed, it will be upgraded to Android 2.3 with the Cowon customization.

Source: http://www.journaldugeek.com/2011/03...won-d3-plenue/
Cowon asked them not to review it immediately and to wait for the upgrade.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I hope the upgrade will let it play better with android apps, like angry birds for example. April is two days away. Any idea of WHEN in April? I'm expecting firmware 2.33 U.S. any minute now.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Samsung Moderator

No accurate date. They just said they got the D3 today and they would have liked to review it now so I assume it doesn't come early April but rather middle or end of the month otherwise that does not make sense.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:50 PM

Oh my god! 2.3?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I hope the upgrade will let it play better with android apps, like angry birds for example. April is two days away. Any idea of WHEN in April? I'm expecting firmware 2.33 U.S. any minute now.
Nore if the issue with AngryBird has to do with the version of Android or the Telechip CPU... Guess we'll see...

Old 03-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by globiboulga View Post
Not sure if the issue with AngryBird has to do with the version of Android or the Telechip CPU... Guess we'll see...
Could be Cowon's alterations to 2.1, as if they left out a standard DLL file or two.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:22 AM

That would be so cool if it is indeed true and Cowon will get Android 2.3. Wow, even my HTC Desire has not got the 2.3 upgrade yet! I certainly do hope the current general unresponsiveness of the UI is due un-polished software code. The 720Mhz CPU inside the D3 should not be such a slouch. My previous phone, the HTC Legend has "only" a 600 Mhz CPU, but the UI is silky smooth with absolutely no lag.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:10 AM

A quick question from a Newbie at this stuff.... When I get home tonight and update the firmware to .33, which is now available, will I have to re-install Superuser and Z4Root? I have installed these as I want to try the Apps Hack (but haven't got around to it, yet). Cheers

Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

2.33, 3.33, and 4.33 are now downloadable on Cowon's site.

Page Link.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:28 AM

I tried to run a root multiple times on x.33 and for some reason it doesn't want to work (following the same procedures that roebeet posted earlier). Previously it worked on x.31 but not x.33...it is currently handing on the 'D3 designed by Cowon [loading]' screen for the past 5 minutes or so. Guess I will just leave it and hope that it loads eventually!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Indeed, it will be upgraded to Android 2.3 with the Cowon customization.

Source: http://www.journaldugeek.com/2011/03...won-d3-plenue/
Cowon asked them not to review it immediately and to wait for the upgrade.
Where do you get the Android 2.3 info, Lebellium? I don't find it in the Journaldugeek article.

Olley

Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by link_1111 View Post
I tried to run a root multiple times on x.33 and for some reason it doesn't want to work (following the same procedures that roebeet posted earlier). Previously it worked on x.31 but not x.33...it is currently handing on the 'D3 designed by Cowon [loading]' screen for the past 5 minutes or so. Guess I will just leave it and hope that it loads eventually!
That happened to me once. I sure hope you did not download the wrong update (I downloaded the korean update by mistake). I do not know if your Cowon D3 works now or not, but if it doesn't work then, reinstall the update. When you turn on the D3, hold the play-pause button and then after a couple of seconds the D3 will go into recovery mode. Press the home button and then you are going to see a screen with 3 choices install update from root, install update from SD, and reinstall update. select reinstall update and it should reinstall your newest update. If you were as dumb as me and installed an update from the wrong region, then no problem, if your D3 boots up again (It will eventually boot up, but it is going to have the Korean font), then install the appropriate update (the one from your region) and run it . It will go back to its appropriate region and language. Hope that helps.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Where do you get the Android 2.3 info, Lebellium? I don't find it in the Journaldugeek article.

Olley
Mentions of Gingerbread have been removed from the initial post. You can see in comments that it was there, but obviously the author did change the content of the original post.

Does not sound good for a Gingerbread update if mention has been pulled back.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by globiboulga View Post
Does not sound good for a Gingerbread update if mention has been pulled back.
Could be one of two possiblities.

1. There was never any intent to update the android to 2.3, so Cowon asked them to correct that to try and quell the eventual disappointment when it never arrived.

2. They do tend to bring 2.3 to the D3, but can't promise when it will be done. They'll probably have at least one more firmware update in April, and didn't want users to be upset when it wasn't Android 2.3. Thus the erasure.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Samsung Moderator

I assume that was a confidential information they should not have posted yet and Cowon asked them to remove it.

But I can ask Greg the truth

edit: Ok, here is the reason: Cowon asked the JDG to remove the information because they are not sure if Android 2.3 will be available on the D3 in April or May. But the upgrade will be available sooner or later for sure

Last edited by lebellium; 04-04-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
... they are not sure if Android 2.3 will be available on the D3 in April or May. But the upgrade will be available sooner or later for sure
Great news then! Thanks!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:13 AM

If this update results in an autonomy improvement this D3 will probably be mine. 21 hours is such a shame for a Cowon device !

Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

21 hours is about standard when a device has WiFi. The J3 set a standard for non-WiFi devices, but it is unfair to compare it's battery life with the D3 or any other android device for that matter. The iPod Touch claims a little better time than the D3, but in reality (I have one) I recharge my Touch more frequently than my D3 even though I'm using them about the same time for the same uses.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I only enable the Wifi on my Touch when I need it, so as a result I rarely have to plug it in just to recharge. A lot of the time I am just listening with the screen off, and the battery runtime is excellent then. Can the wifi be disabled on the D3 as well?