android
Old 03-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Default Force Mono

I currently have an E345 Walkman and there is no way (that I know of) to force the stereo signal to mono. Using Winamp on my PC I can do this, but I'd like the capability to do this also on the Walkman.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the new S Series Walkman?

1. Please don't ask my why I need to this, I'm just interested if there is a way to do this or not.
2. Please don't recommend that I re-rip or convert all the MP3 files to mono, I've thought of that also....I'm specifically interested in the capability of doing this realtime on the Walkman.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-10-2011, 06:50 AM

Doesn't sound like a feature any brand would include on their players

Old 04-10-2011, 07:57 AM

Rockbox can force stereo playback as mono. Or even, only play the left or right channel without mixing them. - No, there's no Rockbox port for any Sony player.

Otherwise, you could easily solder a cable that provides mono output. Don't solder the left and right channel together, this might lead to phase cancellations, instead just use the left or right channel from the player's output and split it into two on the opposite plug/jack.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Rockbox can force stereo playback as mono. Or even, only play the left or right channel without mixing them. - No, there's no Rockbox port for any Sony player.

Otherwise, you could easily solder a cable that provides mono output. Don't solder the left and right channel together, this might lead to phase cancellations, instead just use the left or right channel from the player's output and split it into two on the opposite plug/jack.
Could you diagram that? I might be able to do something....

Old 04-13-2011, 05:07 AM

What are you going to plug the player into, ie. what connector do you need at the other end of the cable - RCA, 3.5mm plug or jack?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 AM

It's actually just one ear bud coming out of the headphone jack.