Old 04-26-2015, 05:31 AM
Lightbulb Cowon X7 back to life from Updating Database

Hello guys, the time is arrived, take your x7 abandoned in the boxes and do this procedure.

Open the player; unscrew the 4 screw and with something plastic pull away the back as described in other guides.
Focus where the connector of the HD plug in the mainboard. Connect the player to the computer with usb cable. While is in the state "Initializing" and before "updating database" appears disconnect the HD.
The player will finish to power on and will be detected.
Reconnect the hd, format everything, upgrade the firmware if is an old version.

I was with 2.13 fw and it worked I think it works with every firm.

The point to disconnect the HD while is starting is because disconnecting before power on the player will detect that the hd is not connected and remains in this state till the next start when it will check again. With this procedure the player start, detect the hd connected but before reading the files inside and try to upgrade the database we disconnect it.

At the end I made a complete deep formatting to avoid sectors errors; now everithing is like new and perfect.

Wellcome Back X7
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150418_000544.jpg (54.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150418_000557.jpg (21.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150418_000618.jpg (86.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150418_092908.jpg (22.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150418_094205.jpg (33.4 KB, 9 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-28-2015, 03:00 PM

After trying this my HDD makes some beeping noises when I connect it to my player. Basically the drive gets ignored and the player starts without issues.. well except theres no HDD drive. The beeping noises started when I deleted some folder from the flash drive (it wasn't system or anything; I thought that folder had bricked my player).. but it seems like this was a pretty big mistake. Maybe you could upload your Flash drive content for me so I can restore my stuff.
Before I made this questionable move of deleting some folder, I tried to disconnect the HDD like you did, but when I reconnected it, it didn't get detected.

Last edited by Breiz; 04-28-2015 at 04:58 PM.