android
Old 04-19-2011, 01:27 PM

Default Can my Fuze be fixed?

I happened to look at my Fuze from the side last night and noticed that there were multiple slits where the screen's light was shining through. I tried to squeeze the top and bottom piece back together to close the gap, but they just creaked back open again. Upon closer examination of the screen, I discovered that there is now a LOT of dust behind the screen. I seriously have no idea how I missed it before.

Can this be fixed at all, or am I pretty much SOL? Worst-case scenario, I've been thinking about trying out a Clip+, so I could just pick one up.

Travel:
Black 8GB Sansa Fuze w/BSE -> Thinksound Rain

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Administrator

There's a similar thread with some of the same observations here. My thoughts on this issue is that it's is a non-issue. It ain't broke, that's just how they're built.

Take out the card and hold it up to the same light. You can see clear across to the power switch. If you've got an a built in vent that size those tiny gaps that let in light are probably not where the dust enters the player.

The teardown to get you started on taking it apart for cleaning, if you decide to do that, is here. I don't know if I'd go that way though. I've heard that putting them back together properly ranges from "rough" to "not possible" for quite a few that have tried it. I read on another forum where a guy trashed 3 ribbon cables before he got on right.