android
Old 04-30-2011, 03:13 PM

Default Sony NWZ-S755 - Where can a Yankee get one cheap?

Hey all,

Zeth here with a question. I've decided I'd really like to buy the S755. Problem is it's $229 on eBay. Even the 8gb version, the S754, is $186.99.

Is there any way I can get the 16gb version for $200 or less?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2011, 05:21 PM

At gunpoint?

You may just have to bite the bullet and bay the higher price, if you can't find anywhere that sells it cheaper.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
Hey all,

Zeth here with a question. I've decided I'd really like to buy the S755. Problem is it's $229 on eBay. Even the 8gb version, the S754, is $186.99.

You could get two E354 8GB models for less than $186.99 here in the USA....

Old 05-01-2011, 04:28 AM

Hmmmm........
Some how zeth006 contacted me on another site where I am selling S755.
Zeth006, yup, I am the same guy(from thinkdigit).
But shipping from India to States(I guess you are from States) will be much.
Need to ask FedEx.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Hey all,

http://www.accessoryjack.com/-strse-...MP3/Detail.bok

Right now, you can't buy the 755 for $200 or less. The link has it for $220 + shipping. If you wait long enough or buy used, I'm sure your target price will eventually be met.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzydude View Post
Hmmmm........
Some how zeth006 contacted me on another site where I am selling S755.
Zeth006, yup, I am the same guy(from thinkdigit).
But shipping from India to States(I guess you are from States) will be much.
Need to ask FedEx.

It probably won't be cheap enough with FedEx.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
http://www.accessoryjack.com/-strse-...MP3/Detail.bok

Right now, you can't buy the 755 for $200 or less. The link has it for $220 + shipping. If you wait long enough or buy used, I'm sure your target price will eventually be met.

How long!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:04 PM

When it is selling slowly or is discontinued. When that occurs.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
When it is selling slowly or is discontinued. When that occurs.

By that time, something newer and better will surely be out.

Arg. At this rate, it looks like Sony is just offloading its previous generation stuff onto the American market. Makes me think they might just be getting their clearance stuff from 2009/2010 and dumping it onto Amazon USA's website.

EDIT: BTW, what is wrong with websites these days. Just last week, Safeway's website was having problems with the search function for a whole day, so I couldn't order groceries. Then AT&T's website doesn't allow me to log into my account to check my usage activity because it's having problems. Now even this website's acting wonky. I tried to reply to your comment but kept getting an error for at least 5 tries. Now that I'm hearing that Sony's PSN network got hacked, I'm thinking this trend toward cloud computing's a bit overrated if not outright dangerous.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
By that time, something newer and better will surely be out.
That's life. You need to adjust your expectations or find something else. You can try to negotiate with a seller.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
That's life. You need to adjust your expectations or find something else.
I think that much is obvious. Not to sound miffed, but I didn't post here to get a lecture on life lessons.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I think that much is obvious. Not to sound miffed, but I didn't post here to get a lecture on life lessons.
It seems obvious that you keep pressing the point as if you don't get it. How long must I wait? It's too much. Something better will be out by then.

You asked a question and didn't get the answer you wanted. What do you want me to do...make it all better? Take the info and use it. If waiting for a price drop is out of the question don't wait. If the price is too high, don't buy. I personally don't care so there's no need to express your objections to me. A simple thank you for doing the research you showed no inclination to do yourself would suffice.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
It seems obvious that you keep pressing the point as if you don't get it. How long must I wait? It's too much. Something better will be out by then.

You asked a question and didn't get the answer you wanted. What do you want me to do...make it all better? Take the info and use it. If waiting for a price drop is out of the question don't wait. If the price is too high, don't buy. I personally don't care so there's no need to express your objections to me. A simple thank you for doing the research you showed no inclination to do yourself would suffice.
A poor attempt at a straw man, but I'm not belaboring a point that you are claiming that I am. All I did was post a question to which I pretty much got a flat out no. My posting here was done purely out of a last resort after some time spent looking around.

Don't even try to paint this as your own grievance. I'm not out to get you, as much as you'd like to think. And no, you made a bad assumption right there--which tells me a lot more about your thinking processes. I did my own due diligence before coming here, hence the lack of any substantive answers that shed any new light on the S755's situation. Go read the previous posts before jumping to your own faulty conclusions. Or better yet, work on learning basic logic reasoning skills because you are sore lacking in them.

Here's something to help you out.

I'd love to stay and chat, but your patronizing just derailed the thread. End of discussion.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
A poor attempt at a straw man, but I'm not belaboring a point that you are claiming that I am. All I did was post a question to which I pretty much got a flat out no. My posting here was done purely out of a last resort after some time spent looking around.

Don't even try to paint this as your own grievance. I'm not out to get you, as much as you'd like to think. And no, you made a bad assumption right there--which tells me a lot more about your thinking processes. I did my own due diligence before coming here, hence the lack of any substantive answers that shed any new light on the S755's situation. Go read the previous posts before jumping to your own faulty conclusions. Or better yet, work on learning basic logic reasoning skills because you are sore lacking in them.

Here's something to help you out.

I'd love to stay and chat, but your patronizing just derailed the thread. End of discussion.
Your got your no a few posts ago, yet felt the need to bleat about it (repeatly) like a child would when you don't give them what they want with someone who doesn't care what you do. Then you complain about being patronized! I treat adults as adults and children as such. Now get off your computer and go to your room!