Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Default Problem playing some vorbis files

So I've been using Mediamonkey for a while now, and been using it to sync my music files to my Clip+. And while listening to one of the playlists I have synced over, I noticed it completely skipped over one song, claiming a 'codec failure'. Curious, I looked in the folder and played it, and it simply skipped over all the files in there, over and over again (I have repeat all on). None of the files seemed to work, so I thought MM had just botched up the transfer.
Thinking this, I resynced it, but still nothing. However, MM played the file straight off the Clip fine, and when I tried working it with the OF, it played fine (but there was delay before the music started). I'm guessing it's a problem with RB, but none of the other files that I've ripped using MM (using same settings) seem to have this problem.
I tried transferring the other songs in the album, and they didn't play either. It skipped through them, then froze.
I'm guessing I should file a bug report, but in the meantime, I'd like to know what the issue is. Perhaps it's my tags? I suppose I could rerip that album- but it'd be a bit of a pain.
Any suggestions are appreciated!
Sansa Clip+ 4GB w/ 16GB mSD, Rockboxed
MEElectronics M6-CL [replaced due to excellent customer service]
MEElectronics M9-BK

Come see my Fallen London's Mantelpiece!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]