android
Old 03-18-2015, 08:23 PM

Thumbs up Create Video Movie for the Fuze+

Create an VIDEO/MOVIE with smooth playback whereas the audio and video sync, these setting give the all around best playback on the Sansa Fuze+

Adding a Placeholder/Thumb

THM files
The THM file format is essentially identical to the JPEG File Format (JFIF) -- in fact, renaming a suitable (i.e. small) .JPG image file to .THM effectively creates a THM thumbnail. Similarly, renaming a *.THM file to *.JPG will allow you to double-click and open in a photo program and alter the thumbnail.

An .THM file is simply a small JPEG preview image that is used to house all of the writeable metadata content that would otherwise be written into the associated .avi file. The THM and AVI file must have exactly the same name, and any file operation (copy, move, delete) must be done to both in order to maintain the link.

note: add '_Large' to the THM before the dot and extension name

To have an image associated with a Video file you need both i.e. a ‘Star Wars I.avi’ along with a ‘Star Wars I_Large.thm’ file in your video directory.

THM Parameters .JPG Format
Width=168 pixels
Height=128 pixels
Resolution 72 dpi
Anti-Alias on
Uncompressed
Optimized

Video/Audio File Format
Video Size: width=320, height=240
Video Quality: Normal

Video Codec: mpeg4
Video Bit Rate 384
Frame Rate: 20

Audio Codec: mp3
Audio Bit Rate: 128
Audio Sample Rate: 44100
Audio Channels: 2

* Making a Video (MOVIE) for the Sansa Fuze+

Use a video ripper/converter such as ‘Any Video Converter’
www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/
  1. Set to 'Sansa Video AVI Movie (.avi)', then change all the parameters to above 'Video/Audio File Format' settings
  2. Convert Video, rename and remove the '_mpeg4' it adds to end of the video file name
  3. In a Photo or Paint program create a .jpg with the 'THM Parameters .JPG' format.
  4. Go to the Internet and copy the Movie Art, resize and paste over the .jpg file you just created.
  5. Save the file as a .JPG, i.e.; Star Wars I_Large.jpg
  6. After saving the file then rename and change the file extension to THM instead of JPG
  7. Place the two files i.e.; "Star Wars I.avi and Star Wars I_Large.thm" in your players Video Folder.
That's it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new-22.jpg (22.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Canelo; 03-18-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]