android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze+

Old 03-31-2011, 02:39 PM

Default Does anyone know how to get the touchpad out of the housing?

Ok... So...

It's probably a result of too much Fallout... But I've decided I should have some sort of wrist mounted technological device.

I've already repurposed some old DS batteries I had to add a portable charger to the thing. But I suppose that's off topic...

So to the point: I wanted to add an MP3 player to the thing, and considering my other players are loaned out to people, and also lower storage, I decided to use my Fuze+.

I cracked the thing open, and I have a good idea of what I'm looking at, except I'm not sure how the touchpad is attatched to the housing. I saw no screws, so glue maybe? I didn't want to go any further taking the thing apart til I was sure I wouldn't break it considering I use my Fuze extensively.

If anybody knows how that sucker is stuck in there some info would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 PM

I can't supply the answer to your question but I have to see this thing when it's done. Even if it's a total dud, I have to see it.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:41 PM

I might be getting my Vibe back from my friend, so I might end up trying to throw something together with that, although I would prefer the Fuze+, regardless once I get something together I'll post it up, it's gonna come down to what I decide to put into the thing, I have so many parts, but such limited space...

Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 PM

i want to fix my headphone jack cuz i abused it, can you tell me/show me how you got the case open so i can get in there without busting it up?

EDIT: I started a thread about my problem, and posted instructions on how I took apart the fuze+

Last edited by switzeroo; 05-18-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: added

Tags
dissasembly, fuze+