android
Old 05-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Default Sony S639f freeze problem

Before going into the test mode on my Sony S639f it was working perfect. Since I've gone into the test mode and rebooted the player I have noticed it freezing and crashing alot when selecting menus and selecting songs to play. one example is that I am in the SenseMe menu then I press a button to go into photos and press play/select. when I do that the player crashes/freezes and The buttons do not operate as the screen is in suspended animation I have pressed the reset button but I still get the same problem.

Please advise

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Heya Artmuzz...one of the first things I would check is to see if my mp3 tags and pictures are OK. Have you noticed any pattern to the crashes, in terms of specific images or songs? Not sure what images Sony S639 supports, but as a general rule, try to stay away from stuff like progressive jpgs - they can cause havoc on many players.

Not sure what else to suggest, sorry...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-08-2011, 05:07 AM

Hi lestatar,

The problem also happens when I go into any folder like for example when I go into settings folder and go into common setting and then select unit information the player just freezes and crashes. Sometimes the player will just reboot and sometimes I have to reset it myself but the problem still persists. It's strange how I started getting this problem just after going into the players test mode function last night.

Last edited by Artmuzz; 05-08-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmm, really wish I could help more Artmuzz...kinda ominous [coincidentally] that your issues cropped up after the test mode - any chance you made some kind of inadvertant change?

What is the hard reset for the Sony S639?
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Hmmm, really wish I could help more Artmuzz...kinda ominous [coincidentally] that your issues cropped up after the test mode - any chance you made some kind of inadvertant change?

What is the hard reset for the Sony S639?
It has a reset hole just like your Sony does. I don't even know how to go into this test mode, although I have heard of its existence....but now I will definitely not be exploring it further.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:57 AM

My Sony S639f is working now I went back into the test mode settings and played about with the button test mode and rebooted. I no longer get any crashes or freezes.