android
Old 05-13-2011, 08:59 AM

Smile Got the Sansa Fuze yesterday

I just bought the Sansa Fuze 8GB v2 yesterday from Toys R' Us for $70 yesterday. I have the Sansa e280 v2 which has been going strong for the past 3 years of daily use and I love it!

The main reason why I bought the Fuze was because after years of daily use on the e280, the wheel is starting to get worn out. It's tough to turn the wheel and gets pretty annoying. There's no grip on the wheel. I opened up the e280 and cleaned the wheel which made it a little easier, but it's still not like it was when it was new.

I must say that the Fuze is a little nice player. I'm not talking about the new Fuze+ (ewwww!!! ). I like how small it is and love the wheel. I ordered an Invisible Shield and a few carrying cases for the player. I was looking for the Belkin case for the player which has the belt clip, but can't find it anywhere. I have that case on my e280 and love it.

Anyway, that's my story. Cheers to all!
Sansa Fuze 8GB v2 - Brand new in box unopend. Backup player.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@Kronos: Congrats and enjoy! Good price you got there as well. Indeed very smart to get a case/protection - the Fuze surface scratches VERY easily.

Got a uSDHC card? Thinking about Rockboxin' that sucker yet?
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Congratulations! I've got my first one 2 years ago last March. It's still going strong and smooth as ever. The battery life's down a hair but not enough to cause concern. IIRC I paid around $35 for this 2 GB refurb and have got my money's worth from it multiple times over.

Getting a case and screen protector is the way to go. The Fuze scratches much easier than the E2xx line. Got a scratch in mine the first few days I used it. I've bought a couple more since then and won't use them until I at least have a generic screen protector on them.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
@Kronos: Congrats and enjoy! Good price you got there as well. Indeed very smart to get a case/protection - the Fuze surface scratches VERY easily.

Got a uSDHC card? Thinking about Rockboxin' that sucker yet?
Are you kidding me? I Rockboxed the puppy as soon as I got home. I also have a 16GB MicroSD in it.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Congratulations! I've got my first one 2 years ago last March. It's still going strong and smooth as ever. The battery life's down a hair but not enough to cause concern. IIRC I paid around $35 for this 2 GB refurb and have got my money's worth from it multiple times over.

Getting a case and screen protector is the way to go. The Fuze scratches much easier than the E2xx line. Got a scratch in mine the first few days I used it. I've bought a couple more since then and won't use them until I at least have a generic screen protector on them.
Do you mean you bought a few extra Fuze players?

Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Bought them, sold them, gifted them, you name it. They were designed to be a cheap alternative to the "sumo" style iPod when they first came out. I don't think the general public reacted too well so the jobbers got their hands on them fairly early in the product cycle. Woot and other similar vendors were just about flinging them out the window to get rid of them at one time. You could easily pick up a like new 4 GB refurb for around $25-$30. Last year around this time Newegg was selling 8 GB refurbs for around $40. I was finished with my splurge but that's still was a very decent deal.

It's not best in class like the Clip+ but it's higher battery capacity and video screen does give it a leg up when you're gifting one to a younger person. I'm not going to watch more than a few minutes of video on one but some with those young, sharp eyes will watch full movies.