android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi2

Old 02-17-2010, 07:07 AM

Default Did you know... (Lists things people may not know about the X-Fi2)

Some of us when we buy technical devices throw the manual in the bin the first thing we do.
"I don't need that! I know technology!"
By doing this we sometimes miss out on some features of the player we otherwise would have loved to use. I thought that this thread could serve as a dictionary of functions a lot of people might not know about the X-Fi2. I will begin with throwing in a recent discovery of mine (see bottom of the post), and you others can post here with your own discoveries.

The list:
1. You can rearrange the menu icons
2. There is no need to hold the start button to boot the player
3. You don't have to use Centrale to move files onto the player
4. You can access the volume control by holding the home button
5. You can divide your applications folder into sub-folders and set icons for them
6. If you refrain from playing music while running apps they are executed faster
7. You can set it so you automatically get different volumes depending on if you are on speakers or headphones
8. The easiest way of providing a front cover picture is to simply have it in the album folder named "folder.jpg"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome
I am not sure if you all know this already, but I for one just recently found out that you can re-arrange your menu icons however you want, and thought I'd share that info with those who didn't know it yet.

You just tap the icon and keep it pressed until it lights up, then you just drag it to where you want it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Last edited by Habhome; 02-22-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Yup, I already knew this I moved the Applications icon to the first page for quick access

Old 02-17-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
Yup, I already knew this I moved the Applications icon to the first page for quick access
That's what I did too ^^ But I thought that if I had missed it, then there were probably others who had missed it.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 AM

nice tip

Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 PM

thanks a lot! apps on first page ftw

Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM

Default Did you know...

that you don't have to hold the On/Off Button to boot the player.
Just to press it one time and wait 5 secs

LOOK! MY! APPS!

Old 02-23-2010, 01:26 PM

Yep I noticed this quite a while ago and have mentioned it to several people. Good idea to tip about it though. If we find out of more of these "things many might not know" I may merge the threads into a common dictionary for unknown functions of the X-Fi2.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:20 AM

Ghehe, nice idea to merge the threads into a dictionary sort of thing.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:17 PM

You don't need to use media software or the Creative Centrale software to move your music to your X-Fi2. You can just use a standard file explorer to drag&drop. It works in Windows, several flavors of Linux, and I'd assume it might work on Macs as well.

Cheers,
Your friendly neighborhood
Dark Lord

Old 02-26-2010, 08:33 AM

Default volume control

did you know that if you hold the home button when you are viewing your menu icons, the volume control opens up on the right hand side? i didnt (i confess, i did not read the manual...), and it is pretty cool cause the accessibility of the volume control was one of the few flaws i found in this device. hope it helps.
vs

Old 03-04-2010, 08:30 AM

germanzen tipped me in PM about the fact that you can create folders inside of your applications folder, so you could divide your apps between games/tools/whatever/...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanzen
I hope my english is understandable cause i am from germany...

I would add to your list "Tips for the Zen X-fi 2" (with volume control from the home menu and so on) that you can make folders in the application menu, so you could share it into a game folder, a application one or something else....

Germanzen
I have further discovered that the player automatically creates a new Sudoku game in the root applications folder, it must be in the firmware to replace it if it is gone. But the others stay in their folders.

Also, I have discovered that if you in a folder places an icon.png image it is displayed as the folder's icon instead of the regular folder-icon. This seems to only work for the folders you create inside of the applications folder though, that is what it seems from my experiments.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexSurfer View Post
did you know that if you hold the home button when you are viewing your menu icons, the volume control opens up on the right hand side? i didnt (i confess, i did not read the manual...), and it is pretty cool cause the accessibility of the volume control was one of the few flaws i found in this device. hope it helps.
vs
Home button volume control doesn't only work in the home menu, but everywhere in the player.
Even while playing video's.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:14 PM

Is there any way to rearrange the drop down menu choices? I primarily use my Zen for audio books. I would like to move the “Bookmarks” choice to just under the “Now Playing” choice.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 AM

...that Apps run much faster when the music is paused. (try out with solitair)

LOOK! MY! APPS!

Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 PM

i never new u could do that with the icons! thx!

Old 09-05-2010, 05:13 PM

Shut down the X-FI2 while your favourite music is playing. And when you switch it back on, it resumes

Old 10-24-2010, 12:46 AM

Default any miss action when u touch the screen !?

hi z x-fi fellas

last night i was surf in my zen and when i woke up found something that maybe is so many ppl question , or maybe not !

i use the touch calibration lastnight and without muchnotice pressed the point , screeen told me and when i woke up in the morning and wanna search for specific title , no matter how perfectly and carefully i put my finger in index bar ( horizentally fading bar ) , it close the bar , i also coudnt set the volume , i restart it and still nothing good happend !

problem actually was i should touch the screen a little toward to left . (sry about my poor english ) i mean from where icon was i should press 3 milimeter posterior .

i consider that i got myself to the "touch calibration" last night . then i get to this part and start to press the point that screeen told me to press, much carefully with "touch screen pen"(mobile's screeen pen) insted o finger and after it ended . now my touch work perfect . i love my zen x-fi and i guess ppl should know this elegant solution

Old 10-24-2010, 01:04 AM

Default did u know what is the "smart volume" in the "audio setting" for?

it is using for :
when u use speaker it has less power u should set the volum atleast"20" to hear something clear . now if u pluged your earphon the volum 20 sure will ruin your earphone( as time passes and this thing happen more sure earphon will be ruined)

if u turn it on from setting \ audio setting .then when u plugged the earphone volum automatically with reduce to 11 .

i love this elegants ponts in zen-xfi2 . and i guess that why creative didnt put them on instruction ) ..

"as long as question exist u will not get bored .when there is a question u will always stick to find answer , when u found answer auestion transform to "answer" and sure there no more interesting in it !"

Old 10-24-2010, 01:30 AM

Default noisy sound when you turn x-fi on ?

i wanna set my setting fot those who are getting a little less interesting when they turn x-fi amazing technology on .

Metal HEADS :
if u are listening to metal music(progressive metal / rock thrash / power metal :x and .... ) sure when u set the EQ on "rock" noises with discourage u to use x-fi with metal musics . i found the solution for u .go to custom EQ and set this volume for it :
the number appears under your adjustable volum should set to this :
1 6 6 6 4

in more detailed display :

80 250 1k 4k 13k

1 6 6 6 4

x-fi technology is amazing filter that acctually in my book turn your 1 level voice in to multi level !! . in other word if u close your eyes u can separately hear instruments from several postion . u should always turn it on to hear lively and so detailed sound . i am metal head my self and was so sad to hear noise in this genre and 2 days ago i found it , then glad to share it .

my recomendation for other genres is :
trance goa trance psycho trance ....) set EQ to "new age" ( cuz it has has most bass and tapping your mind
house : set it to disco

oh i was about to forgot important thing and u can enjoy x-fi when u put x-fi setting with my recomendation :
press the x-fi item in main menu and turn both crystalizer and expand on . put the adjustable bar exactly in middle but remember both volum be in same postion compare with other one . adjust it carefully and enjoy

----------------------------------------------
Music is wide landscape , creative x-fi gave u a speciall binocular to see it in detail !

Old 10-24-2010, 01:38 AM

arrangable menu icon is amazing woow i test it now... elegant point habhome .

i love this tiny amazing feature .