android
Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 AM

Default E30 manual

- hi, I'm interested in buying the 4gb version but would like to peruse the manual beforehand. I've googled till my fingers are blistered but can't find a trace of it anywhere.

Can someone help with a link for the manual

Many thanks for any help....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-13-2011, 01:12 PM

Is it the same as the e300? If so, you can find the zip download here, it's in 18 languages.

Edit: Guess not, I just checked out the players but you should email tech support or look on that site I linked

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-13-2011, 01:25 PM

- appreciate the reply..

Customer support was my first contact - nothing from them.
Then I tried the iriver site which you've linked to but a manual for the E30 - at least as far as I was able to establish - isn't available.

I find this very odd indeed. Even my very old iriver ifp-895 is still supported. Perhaps the E30 was manufactured for iriver by a third party and iriver disowned it.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 PM

this was on Cnet:

Most recent user reviews
Showing 1 of 1 review
3.0 stars
"The player is worth it because of the battery life."on December 11, 2010 by alexvx (1 review)

Pros: Very long battery life, lots of equalizer settings and useful playback options like bookmarks, song rating etc., good voice recording quality
Cons: Terrible buttons, confusing navigation through menus, no user manual included in package, bad radio reception, video conversion to the supported .SMV file format takes too much time
Summary: I bought my 4GB iRiver E30 three months ago and I chose it mainly because of the advertised 52 hours of battery life. So far I am really impressed with it. I listen to loud music for a couple of hours almost every day and the only times when I ... Expand full review

Summary: I bought my 4GB iRiver E30 three months ago and I chose it mainly because of the advertised 52 hours of battery life. So far I am really impressed with it. I listen to loud music for a couple of hours almost every day and the only times when I re-charge the device are when I connect it to my computer to upload new files (usually once a week). I think it may really last for 52 hours of constant playback although I haven't tried that. There was no user manual included in the package and it took me quite some time to figure out the weird navigation and to discover all the hidden menus which are accessed by pressing and holding the right arrow button. Finding out how to adjust the equalizers and the song fast-forwarding speed (Scan speed) was challenging and the second one I discovered a whole month after buying the E30! The sound quality when playing audio files is average but with some equalizer adjustments it sounds decent. I think that the original headphones cut off the bass and muffle the sound although I haven't tried it with another brand of headphones. The E30 has some really useful playback options and the one I enjoy the most is the "Bookmarks". I usually listen to large 2-hour electronic music sets and I am happy that I can bookmark specific places in the big MP3 files so that I don't have to scan to find them from the beginning. The top scan speed (x20) is too slow for large files. The built in FM radio doesn't sound good and the reception is not clean most of the time. Voice recordings through the built in microphone have good quality. When I got the E30 I thought that I would use the video playback feature frequently but the time needed to convert a movie or a video to the .SMV format supported by the device really renders it useless. It takes several hours to convert a one-hour XViD video file and if you have that much free time it's better for your eyes to watch the video on your computer. Apart from that the video playback is smooth. The main problem of the E30 in my opinion is the design of the buttons. Actually they aren't real buttons. There are places marked by arrows on the perfectly flat front panel of the player which you have to press. The arrows are black and the background is black so you can't see the buttons in the dark. Also you can't feel the buttons with your finger so you can't change the volume or skip the current song without taking the player out of your pocket. They are hard to press and too bouncy so if you press them too lightly they tend to double click. Thus instead of rewinding or fast-forwarding you change the current song which is very annoying. I installed the latest firmware (1.07 in this moment) on my device and the only bug I found so far is that sometimes I can't delete files from the player's menu and I have to connect to it from my computer to do this. You can connect to the player without any additional software but in order to be able to convert videos you have to install iRiver PLUS4 or some other .SMV converter.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/...#ixzz1StQiyZvD

I have dealt with a player that uses .SMV for video. It isn't very good. Otherwise, it looks like a stripped-down E-series player.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:04 AM

- thanks for posting up that review. If I've understood, his 4gb E30 was a new purchase and there was no manual..!

No wonder I got no response from customer service when requesting a manual.

Are there any E30 users on this board? If so, I'd like to pose a question on this players modus operandi.

Does it, like many of the earlier iriver mp3 players, offer a so called 'study' mode?
If so, does it also allow the option to vary the wind back/forward by increments, eg, 1 sec, 2 sec, 3 secs etc?

- thanks if anyone can advise..