android
Old 05-29-2011, 05:23 PM

Default Wanted Rockbox 3.81 with extras

Hello everybody,

I'm enjoying my refurbished blue Fuze V1 for a few days now.
Of course rockboxed (like my 3 year old Clip V2)

I see that there a lot of patched available for the Fuze V1.

Could somebody make a custom build for me with following extra features (if possible)

* http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/11679
"Smart menus" with faster and more convenient navigation: Menus remember the last position when changing from the settings menu to the While Playing Screen.

-battery patch to increase batterylife.

-Lyrics support

Also following would be handy(or maybe these exist?):

-Whenever changing sound level, I would like to keep the display black.
-One button to add a song to the current playlist instead of scrolling through menu.

Thanks a lot,

Maurice

Sansa Clip V2 8GB / Sansa Fuze V1 4GB+8GB / Pontis SP600 (no longer used) / Sony Vaio Pocket 40GB (no longer used, superb sq)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-15-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
* http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/11679
"Smart menus" with faster and more convenient navigation: Menus remember the last position when changing from the settings menu to the While Playing Screen.
The wording sounds strangely familiar.

The menu patch is no longer working on recent builds and AFAIK the same is true for the battery patch. But lyrics support as well as the "one button method" for playlists are already part of the official build.
Bands I dig: Genesis, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Arena, Savatage, Threshold, Twelfth Night, Flower Kings, Magenta, Mostly Autumn, Transatalantic, Vanden Plas, Deep Purple, Metallica, R.E.M., Cake, and, yes, Katie Melua.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Hello Progweed,

You're right, lyric support is available... The add a mp3 with one button to the playlist I didn't find out.
I will check out the manual...

However I'am interested in the batterypatch. Is it possible for you to post rockbox 3.8.1 with this patch for the Fuze V1.

Thanks in advance,

Maurice

Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 AM

Hi,

you can configure the home button to act like a hotkey that inserts songs into the current playlist. Have a look for the hotkey function in one of the menus.

Quote:
However I'am interested in the batterypatch. Is it possible for you to post rockbox 3.8.1 with this patch for the Fuze V1.
Nope, sorry, I can’t patch a regular release build, I can only patch one of the daily builds newer or older than Rockbox 3.8.1.
And as I said: The battery and menu patches are no longer compatible with the current source code. I could patch an older version, but you would probably lose the features introduced in 3.8.1, so it’s not really worth the hassle.

If you’re interested in modified builds on a regular basis, I would recommend that you learn how to compile Rockbox yourself. It’s not half as daunting as it might sound, especially if you know a thing or two about computers.
Bands I dig: Genesis, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Arena, Savatage, Threshold, Twelfth Night, Flower Kings, Magenta, Mostly Autumn, Transatalantic, Vanden Plas, Deep Purple, Metallica, R.E.M., Cake, and, yes, Katie Melua.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:51 PM

Hello Progweed,

Too bad, then I have to live without the patch.... However I have a question about adding a mp3 to a playlist.

Normally I browse directories. Whenever I select one, the mp3's in this folder are added
to the dynamic playlist. Sometimes there are songs I really like and would like to add them to a personal playlist by holding a button. Rockbox should then keep the dynamic playlist the same and add my file to a other playlist I predefined. Is this possible?

This would be a great feature...

Also scrolling back into previous mp3's would be neat (my Pontis SP600 was capable doing this).

But overal I really like Rockbox... Gapless playback, battery warning, browsing without playlists, theming and support for lots of formats is great !

Therefore I'm using the Sansa players for my music (clip 8Gb / Fuze 4Gb+8Gb)

Danke für deine Hilfe,

Gruss,

Maurice

Old 06-20-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Normally I browse directories. Whenever I select one, the mp3's in this folder are added
to the dynamic playlist. Sometimes there are songs I really like and would like to add them to a personal playlist by holding a button. Rockbox should then keep the dynamic playlist the same and add my file to a other playlist I predefined. Is this possible?
I think that's doable via the menu, but not with a single button click. You should perhaps propose that feature here:

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/board,49.0.html

At least it would be interesting to hear what the developers think about it.

Quote:
Danke für deine Hilfe,

Gruss,

Maurice
Hey! Bitte schön! (My French sucks bigtime. )

P.S. Strangely enough I was listening to Maurice Jarre this week...