android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2011, 11:52 AM

Default Unbranded MicroSDHC Card not recognised by Fuze v2

Hello all
Today I received my 8GB Fuze v2 and it's working marvellously, the only problem I'm having is with my new 32GB microSDHC card. It's unbranded (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270748358460 was the listing) and so far it's worked fine with my computer (via printer reader) and camera. It does not, however, work with my Fuze, which is why I bought it. I insert it, the Fuze states that it's refreshing my media which takes about ten seconds, and then I can't find any sign of the external card on the device itself. I've tried reformatting it (with both Windows and http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/ that official-looking utility) and also putting a song or two on it via Windows, but the Fuze will still not recognise it. Equally, when the Fuze is connected to my PC with the card inside it, Windows only shows the 8GB Fuze. Sadly, I don't have any other MicroSDHC cards, so I can't ascertain whether it's the Fuze or card at fault - I'm guessing the card, though.

Is there anything I haven't tried that could possibly work? If not I want to sort out getting a refund ASAP for the card. Are there any manufacturers of 32GB MicroSDHC cards - aside from Sandisk - which make cheaper, compatible cards? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a Sandisk card? 45+ for a memory card is very dear for me. The Fuze itself wasn't all that cheap for a 3-year old MP3 player: living in the UK, the best I could find was 45 for a refurbished one! I could have bought a new Fuze+ for that amount, but I decided Rockbox was worth it... I wasn't wrong.

Has nobody else tried a Fuze with an unbranded card? I did try Googling but to little avail. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited by Sheeno; 06-04-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]