android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 AM

Default I got my Galaxy Player 4.0, and I half-bricked it already, please call me stupid...

Hi,

Iam studying in Shanghai right now, and I saw they startet selling the Galaxy Player 4.0 Wifi (YP-G1) in China, and for 1699RMB (about 180) I got myself one from amazon.cn .

So far I really liked it alot, it was fast and could play all the movies i had. But i was startled to find out that it didnt have a android market installed.
Instead it came with a "samsung appstore", where a total of 8 apps where available...

I was really anxious to use many android apps, and not all are available as apk, or couldnt be installed for some reason.

So i tried my best, but went a bit too far :x
At first i managed to get it installed, but it would just close immediatly.

The recovery image also wouldnt let me install some update.zip, since it was 3e and needed a valid signature.

Then i did the stupid mistake to follow a guy saying its identical to the i9000, those roms should work to.

So I followed a guide and actually just wanted to get the clockworkmod working. I flashed a 6mb zkernel image including the clockworkmod. But turns out the player and the phone are not that simillar.

I can still get into download mode, but when i try to start the player i see the samsung letters, but then the screen turns black (background light on) and doesnt response anymore. also cant get into recovery mode.

I really tried my best to find a original kernel (yes i was so stupid to not backup everything before), but no luck so far, since the player is quiet new and not started to be sold everywhere.

Do i have some other options? Or is there only a) waiting for someone to upload an image, hopefully sometime soon or b) go to a samsung store and hope theyre kind enough to repair it?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]