android
Old 06-20-2011, 02:54 AM

Default Fuse doesn't show new albums added

I have an 8gb sansa fuse. Its been working ok until today. I plugged it into the laptop opened the internal memory, music folder in my computer Win 7 and dragged and dropped 3 new albums in. The albums are formatted Artist, Album Name, songs. I unplugged it from the computer and It updated the internal memory.
I went to find the new albums and they are not showing under Albums or Artist.
I plugged it back into the computer and the new album folders are there. I have 1.5gb free.
Help please.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylwill View Post
I have an 8gb sansa fuse. Its been working ok until today. I plugged it into the laptop opened the internal memory, music folder in my computer Win 7 and dragged and dropped 3 new albums in. The albums are formatted Artist, Album Name, songs. I unplugged it from the computer and It updated the internal memory.
I went to find the new albums and they are not showing under Albums or Artist.
I plugged it back into the computer and the new album folders are there. I have 1.5gb free.
Help please.
Your tags may be corrupted.
Redo the tags & reload the files. I use MP3 Tag.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

+1. Yep, good first step as coachop94 suggests.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

While incorrect tagging is a definite possibility, the whole Autodetect/MSC/MTP situation is another possibility.

I forget...does the Fuze have 'folder view'? If so, look for the files in folder view.

Steve

Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 AM

The tags are defiantly different, and no they do not show in folder view.
Im not up on tagging I do this for the wife and I have MP3Tag. Looking at some files on the Fuse the tags are different even some of the files from folder to folder and the version is also different ID3V2.3 for the old ones ID3V2.4 for the new ones. She might not even be able to listen to all that's on it.
Can some one tell me how step by step how to fix all the tags on the fuse so they are the same?
Do I have to copy all the folders off to my computer then change them then copy them back on one folder at a time? Mp3Tag wont read the folders on the fuse.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylwill View Post
... Can some one tell me how step by step how to fix all the tags on the fuse so they are the same?
Do I have to copy all the folders off to my computer then change them then copy them back on one folder at a time? Mp3Tag wont read the folders on the fuse.
look here and post any specific questions there. I would say, take all the ones off your player to pc, make sure you know which tags work best and then retag everything before you reload and make sure your player does a refresh.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Just tried my Fuze with MP3Tag. Not recognized when the Fuze is in MTP mode, recognized in MSC mode (as I had guessed).

larrylwill...please check your Fuze. Is the USB mode set to MSC? MTP? Autodetect?

Steve

Old 06-20-2011, 06:27 PM

Steve: MTP, I just finished copying all my files 6.5gb off and started copying back with the 3 new albums I added, I just ran the auto numbering wizard on each and one was missing the album title for 3 songs which I fixed. After copying those 3 I found them on the Fuse, now Im copying all the rest.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM

I removed all the folders and reformatted the Fuse. I then put all the folders back on using my computer. It appeared that they were all visible now. I did find a problem there was one folder with 11 albums in it. The artist showed up but also all the songs that were labeled as collaboration showed up separably as albums in the music. Like Joe Blow, Joe Blow & Low Blow, etc. This was under Artists. So I cut and pasted the folder off to the desk top and loaded each album in mp3 tag. I ran the auto renumber on each and copied them back and now they don't show up. I next tried to make a new folder and copy the albums in that one and again they don't show up. It appears every time I try to put a new album on the thing it doesn't show on the device but does show in my computer. It was there before but after deleting it and putting it back its not there. I bet I have to cut all the folders off and put them all back to get it to work. There are 5301 separate files in the Music Directory.
Those albums and Artist doesn't even show up under folders.

Last edited by larrylwill; 06-20-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Just tried my Fuze with MP3Tag. Not recognized when the Fuze is in MTP mode, recognized in MSC mode (as I had guessed).

larrylwill...please check your Fuze. Is the USB mode set to MSC? MTP? Autodetect?

Steve
BTW In MSC mode it recognizes it but you cant see any of the folders just the main directory. Music Videos etc.