android
Old 06-26-2011, 03:56 AM

Default My little set up.

J3, hd280's and a ghetto dvd cased Cmoy, and an older power conditioner just for fun [img=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.437e68034c.jpg]
the cmoy was built by me, over a long period of time, and its still not quite as perfect as I would like it, its running a burr brown dual op amp(I don't have the proper lighting to read the model number right now), solid caps and all of its controls are attached with solid core 18 awg wire, making it sound very good. but my headphones cant handle it at its fullest power, the DPDT switches between battery,off,and AC adapter power.
the J3 loves this amp, it increases the sound quality, and allows me to drive the headphones loud enough to hurt myself. the amp doesn't like my computer all that much, giving me a little hiss if I don't have anything making noise.
I plan on re-casing the cmoy soon in a smallish blood wood box with a zebra wood lid, and setting it up for 1/4 inch output, and putting a proper volume control on it. right now there's just a crappy tapering linear pot in it right now, I ended up giving my old tube amp to a buddy for his birthday, I have a new one in the works though.

Last edited by natospec; 06-26-2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: trouble with the image

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]