android
Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 PM

Default Firmware Mix up? Help please

I just picked up another Fuze a few weeks ago at Toys R' Us as well. I got the silver for $70, which is $100 on Amazon.

However, without thinking, I updated to the same firmware as my existing unit which is a v2. Now Rockbox is looking for the 1.x firmware.

Would Sansa have allowed me to put 2.xx firmware on a 1.x unit?

Mine came in the square box with a date of 2009 on the lower left back. It also came preloaded with 19 songs.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Use the instructions here http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=37450 to check your firmware. You can't put a V1 firmware on a V2 or vice versa. The firmware version you see is what the player is.

I'm not sure what you mean by when you say that about Rockbox looking for the V1 firmware. If you're using the Installer once you've determined which version you have follow the provided link to the Sansa site and download the right firmware version for the player you have. Store it where you can point the installer to it, NOT on the player. Once the installer patches the firmware you should be good.

Last edited by skip252; 06-28-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: additional information

Old 06-29-2011, 06:14 AM

skip252,

Thanks. I think it is a problem with Rockbox 3.9.

I tried to update my other Fuze (that I know is a v2), and received the same error message from Rockbox:

OF provided is Fuzev2 version 2.03.33, not for Fuzev1

Could not load fuzpa.bin

Old 06-29-2011, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Are you doing Autodetect or configuring the mount point manually? I haven't used the newest Rockbox Utility so I don't know how well it works but I did run into some issues with Autodetection in the past.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaves View Post
I tried to update my other Fuze (that I know is a v2), and received the same error message from Rockbox:

OF provided is Fuzev2 version 2.03.33, not for Fuzev1

Could not load fuzpa.bin
I think that message is from rockbox utility (the installer) not rockbox. If so, it sounds like you've told the installer to install Rockbox for the Fuze V1, but have provided a V2 firmware. If you have a V2 player, go back and this time install the V2 build.