android
Old 07-03-2011, 03:14 PM

Default PC wont read my Sony Walkman

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone can help me,

I accidently formatted my NWZ-A818 and now the PC wont recognise it, I have the CD and nothing helps there, I have downloaded Sony Media manager and content transfer but the problem remains. Does anyone know how to fix the issue? It simply says unknown device. I am using windows 7

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 PM

Format on the unit or format in Windows? Can you see your device in "Device Manager"? Mine is listed under "Portable Device" as "WALKMAN A818". If you don't see it, but see an "Unknown Device" somewhere, then try to re-install (uninstall then install driver) the driver for that device see if it helps. If your A818 is lised in "Device Manager", then there should be nothing wrong.

If you have a version of Windows 7 that supports XP Mode, then you can also install that. My A818 shows up in both Windows 7 and XP Mode just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyuser View Post
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone can help me,

I accidently formatted my NWZ-A818 and now the PC wont recognise it, I have the CD and nothing helps there, I have downloaded Sony Media manager and content transfer but the problem remains. Does anyone know how to fix the issue? It simply says unknown device. I am using windows 7

Thanks

Old 07-23-2011, 12:27 PM

btw, you don't need any software from Sony to use A818 on Windows (I never use Sony's software for it). The A818 will show up as a drive in "My Computer" and it will also show up in Windows Media Player. You can sync using Windows Media Player.