android
  #1  
Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 PM
rubenbest's Avatar
rubenbest rubenbest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 58
Default HD7 or Venue Pro?

I am looking to buy one of these two phones. I would like to know from people who actually own these phones which one should I get. I cannot wait to get a WP7 device I am as excited when I was saving up for my zune!
__________________
Need help? Wanna talk zune? Follow me on twitter @rubenbest and write to me and I promise Ill help out.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:03 PM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,061
Default

Take a look at engadget, as they posted a possible new WP7 phone on the horizon - a Samsung Galaxy S II rocking the WP7 OS!!! Be patient, cause if it's real it's gonna be amazing!!!
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 AM
steinburger1109's Avatar
steinburger1109 steinburger1109 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Posts: 2,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Take a look at engadget, as they posted a possible new WP7 phone on the horizon - a Samsung Galaxy S II rocking the WP7 OS!!! Be patient, cause if it's real it's gonna be amazing!!!
:O D: I'm not sure how to make my jaw drop any more with an emoticon...

That sounds pretty sweet. I lurve that hardware, and I lurve that OS...
__________________
- Justin
Glossary for Newbies Everybody
Babble. On.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
:O D: I'm not sure how to make my jaw drop any more with an emoticon...
Easy enough....
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 AM
steinburger1109's Avatar
steinburger1109 steinburger1109 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Posts: 2,456
Default

Psh. New tab? Bro, emoticons are for the lazy. Like, I don't want to reach allll the way over to my mouse. Or ctrl+t. Nah. Fo'get that!
__________________
- Justin
Glossary for Newbies Everybody
Babble. On.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 07-05-2011, 03:46 PM
medion's Avatar
medion medion is offline
Anythingbutiphone Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shreveport, La
Posts: 1,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Take a look at engadget, as they posted a possible new WP7 phone on the horizon - a Samsung Galaxy S II rocking the WP7 OS!!! Be patient, cause if it's real it's gonna be amazing!!!
Can you find a link? I'm curious, because the current version of WP7 doesn't support the hardware in the Galaxy S2, nor has the Mango update been announced as supporting it (doesn't mean that it won't support it, just no officially announced yet).
__________________
[SIZE=2][COLOR=DimGray][U][B]Phone:[/B][/U] Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-I9100) 16GB w/32GB MicroSDHC
[U][B]DAP:[/B][/U] Sansa Clip+ 8GB [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=DimGray]w/32GB MicroSDHC[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
el maco's Avatar
el maco el maco is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
Can you find a link? I'm curious, because the current version of WP7 doesn't support the hardware in the Galaxy S2, nor has the Mango update been announced as supporting it (doesn't mean that it won't support it, just no officially announced yet).
I think he means this. Very interesting device indeed if it turns out to be true.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
Can you find a link? I'm curious, because the current version of WP7 doesn't support the hardware in the Galaxy S2, nor has the Mango update been announced as supporting it (doesn't mean that it won't support it, just no officially announced yet).
Here you go: http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/04/s...nning-windows/
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:12 PM
slitz slitz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 131
Default

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_work...-news-2850.php

Seems like only a small portion of this idea is revealed (device serial), might just use a different CPU.
But to be honest, not much point in pumping too much hardware if the OS can't use it properly you'll just be wasting battery.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 07-07-2011, 11:09 PM
rubenbest's Avatar
rubenbest rubenbest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 58
Default

So back to the question? lol another thing i have to add about my decision is that i have to buy the phone unlocked
__________________
Need help? Wanna talk zune? Follow me on twitter @rubenbest and write to me and I promise Ill help out.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 07-08-2011, 06:54 PM
slitz slitz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 131
Default

Is a hardware keyboard important to you? If not you could consider the HD7.
Hardware keyboards add to the weight and thickness of the device, so unless you really need it you probably shouldn't bother.
If it were up to me I'd get the Venue Pro because of the keyboard, I have no idea how WP7 utilises the hardware keyboard. Apparently it was pretty bad at launch, it might be better now?
Though the only concern I have with the Venue Pro is the lack of arrow keys on the keyboard; again I do not fully know how editing on WP7 works.
I usually prefer nailing the touchscreen which is a habit I can't break out of, so another reason why I prefer the hardware keyboard.
Then there's the thing that the Venue Pro has an AMOLED screen which will give you power saving blacks, but in exchange for less text readability as apparently AMOLED screens have a lower resolution physically (but the device will be WVGA for all your needs).
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 07-09-2011, 11:22 PM
rubenbest's Avatar
rubenbest rubenbest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitz View Post
Is a hardware keyboard important to you? If not you could consider the HD7.
Hardware keyboards add to the weight and thickness of the device, so unless you really need it you probably shouldn't bother.
If it were up to me I'd get the Venue Pro because of the keyboard, I have no idea how WP7 utilises the hardware keyboard. Apparently it was pretty bad at launch, it might be better now?
Though the only concern I have with the Venue Pro is the lack of arrow keys on the keyboard; again I do not fully know how editing on WP7 works.
I usually prefer nailing the touchscreen which is a habit I can't break out of, so another reason why I prefer the hardware keyboard.
Then there's the thing that the Venue Pro has an AMOLED screen which will give you power saving blacks, but in exchange for less text readability as apparently AMOLED screens have a lower resolution physically (but the device will be WVGA for all your needs).
Yea my current phone has a keyboard and i have grown accustom to it although i am also used to touchscreen keyboards as well because of the zune hd. I will be watching many videos such as podcast and movies. the only thing holding me back from the venue pro is the price its 500 dollars unlock compared to the hd7 which is 300 dollars unlocked. I see the venue more as a business type phone rather than a entertainment phone like the hd7. i think i will go hd7 as much as the venue seem so much better i simply cant afford it
__________________
Need help? Wanna talk zune? Follow me on twitter @rubenbest and write to me and I promise Ill help out.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:57 PM
kasrhp's Avatar
kasrhp kasrhp is offline
Contributing Editor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 805
Default

I have the DVP....stick with the HD7. The hardware keyboard is nice to have when working in Office or writing posts on the web because you don't have a soft keyboard taking up screen. But, its pretty beastly, heavy, and the issues Dell has had since release are ridiculous. A majority of owners (the vocal ones) have had to swap the memory cards on their own dime to get the phone to function properly (me included). Having owned HTCs for years, and this one Dell phone, I'll never own a Dell product again.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 PM
rubenbest's Avatar
rubenbest rubenbest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasrhp View Post
I have the DVP....stick with the HD7. The hardware keyboard is nice to have when working in Office or writing posts on the web because you don't have a soft keyboard taking up screen. But, its pretty beastly, heavy, and the issues Dell has had since release are ridiculous. A majority of owners (the vocal ones) have had to swap the memory cards on their own dime to get the phone to function properly (me included). Having owned HTCs for years, and this one Dell phone, I'll never own a Dell product again.
Thank you everyone. i have made my choice i am going to buy the hd7 tomorrow so excited! im gonna go app crazy!!
__________________
Need help? Wanna talk zune? Follow me on twitter @rubenbest and write to me and I promise Ill help out.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 AM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,061
Default

I just ordered a Dell Venue Pro, and I'm going to sell my iPhone 4. I'm tired of the half assed browser & just want a change of devices. I'm not going to have an extended contract, so this is great for me. Plus, the phones coming out all pretty much have similar hardware specs - so I'm not missing much. Once mango hits I'm as good as gold.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 09-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I just ordered a Dell Venue Pro, and I'm going to sell my iPhone 4. I'm tired of the half assed browser & just want a change of devices. I'm not going to have an extended contract, so this is great for me. Plus, the phones coming out all pretty much have similar hardware specs - so I'm not missing much. Once mango hits I'm as good as gold.
Does that have a bigger screen than the iPhone?
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 09-09-2011, 09:46 AM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Does that have a bigger screen than the iPhone?
4.1 inch, and the colums auto size when browsing webpages - what my iPhone 4 DOESN'T do. I'm going bling with this damn phone,...
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
4.1 inch, and the colums auto size when browsing webpages - what my iPhone 4 DOESN'T do. I'm going bling with this damn phone,...
I don't do much web browsing with the Touch either....in a pinch it's ok, but the screen is kinda small for it. (and for pdf. and ebooks too) Gets tiresome , all the gestures to zoom in and out.
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,061
Default

Yeah, my iphone is no better - it sux!
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 PM
pseudohippy pseudohippy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent Washington USA
Posts: 346
Default

How much for the Iphone 4. Will it work with AT&T. Remember, I know little to nothing about phones. I know my wife would love an Iphone 4 though.
__________________
Ug! Why oh Why cant I stop!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.