android
Old 07-08-2011, 11:04 PM

Default sony s754 locked settings

Hi i bought this player brand new from a big store in my country greece but i found a prob with this player and i hope someone can help me
At first when i started to listen to music the song stoped playin after a while and it showed as a screensaver the video sample.when i went into common settings and i clicked screensaver it didnt open and still doesnt work.
the brigtness in on 5 and when i go in to setting common settings brightness it doesnt open and becouse in on 5 the battery drains fast and it doesnt last for 50 hours as everyone here says but i cant change it
when i go into wallpaper settings it doesnt open
and last when i try to put a pic from the pics as a wallpaper it doesnt work
i went to another store today and they had this player and when i tested it i saw that the same settings in that player were locked .
i have the receipt and i will go in to that store which i bought sony to complaign but becouse the sellers know s"" lol can someone help?
thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2011, 08:20 PM

ok the prob with the mp3 player was that it was the DEMO version so some features were locked...what should i do now how do i remove the demo mode and bring the player back to originals settings ?if i give it to sony will they be able to do it?
please someone help me .

Old 07-11-2011, 11:41 PM

You should be able to turn off the demo mode by using the service code to turn it off.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the service code for that particular model is.

Basically, it's a set of button presses that, done correctly, will give you full access to the players firmware. I have the steps to do it for the A840 series, but not that exact model.

Hopefully, someone here will have the service code. I know it sucks having to wait for an answer, but sometimes, the people that know what to do aren't able to post right away. Please, be patient and hopefully someone here will be able to help you. If no one does, you still have the option to take it back.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:55 PM

thanks for the answer i went back to the store which i bought it and these IDIOTS sorry for my language but i am really pissed didnt want to take it back becouse i opened the box and and it wasnt sealed anymore i had to bring theplayer as i bought it.I wanted to argue but for my lack the sony had a little scratch i guess i must ve dropped it somehow and they found the perfect ecxuse not to take it back and give me another one .The funny thing is that the tecknician on the store said that it was one of the sellers fault becouse she gave me the demo version and not the original so they had to change it but they DIDNT....
Now i have to go to sony and hope they wont charge me couse i have the receipt but will they be able to do it???
if someone here have a solution please tell me couse i am ungry as hell and the player doesnt last for 50 hours but for less than 24 couse the brightness is on full and i cannot f"$$$ change it

Old 09-30-2011, 02:19 AM

Hey there,
have you solved your problem?
I also had the problem of the "demo mode"...
so i called Sony Support in Germany. And they told me to enter the following key sequence which turns off the "demo code":

Turn on the "Hold" button.
Five times left button, Five times Play&Pause (the big round button in the middle), Five times right button.
Then turn off the "Hold" button.

After trying this combination, the player should restart at once. And the annoying "Demo" on the right side of the bottom is gone!!!

Hope this can help u as well.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:19 PM

hi thanks for the answer but the prob was solved in july lol i tookit tosony and they did it.