android
  #181  
Old 11-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
Lorenz092, could you please make a custom ROM with ability to run custom script from SD card (e.g. boot.sh &> boot.log) at each boot (without pressing any buttons unlike your ROM with rockbox). I'm not interested in rockbox and I want a try to integrate SD into main R0's library.
Okay I guess now I can reveal it: this possibility exists since the first modded firmware :P
Sorry, but it was too risky for some people. Now with safe mode....
Just create a folder on microSD or NAND "scripts" with a subfolder "log".
Then place in this folder scripts every script you want to launch at startup. A log will be created for each script in log folder.

Enjoy!

PS: I already made a lot of attempts for SD, but of course you can try. Maybe you're lucky
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #182  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Slowpoke Slowpoke is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Lorenz092, thank you very much. I will report back in a day or two.
Reply With Quote

  #183  
Old 11-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
Lorenz092, thank you very much. I will report back in a day or two.
Something new? No just because I plan to release another ROM for rockbox (I need it to create a folder in the cramfs /.rockbox to "simlulate" the common path that's used for ever rockboxed device)
Nothing fast, need to see to edit something else, but feel free to post here your results, they should be always interesting
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

  #184  
Old 11-23-2011, 04:45 AM
Slowpoke Slowpoke is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Lorenz092, it's obvious that R0 app doesn't use file system so any mounts/bindings are not working. I planning to make a close look at "firmware" utilities - maybe one of them will do the trick. Sadly I had less free time than I expected.
Reply With Quote

  #185  
Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
Lorenz092, it's obvious that R0 app doesn't use file system so any mounts/bindings are not working. I planning to make a close look at "firmware" utilities - maybe one of them will do the trick. Sadly I had less free time than I expected.
Yeah ok
Just be careful and DON'T flash any firmware. Ask me for that to avoid bad surprises...
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

  #186  
Old 12-10-2011, 03:39 PM
zema zema is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 31
Default

Slowpoke, what's new?
Reply With Quote

  #187  
Old 12-11-2011, 02:57 AM
jacout jacout is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Hi Lorenzo! . great work !!
Sorry for my bad english .

I installed your mod 2.20 without problem, and works fine. The problem is when I copy Sysdata folder in the "NEO-GHOST" memory.
I always get the same error: " disk is full ..." (refering to NEO-GHOST, of course).
I reduced the size of the folder sysdata by deleting some language files, just to try, but always says the same

Can you help me? .

Thanks a lot .
Reply With Quote

  #188  
Old 12-11-2011, 04:02 AM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacout View Post
Hi Lorenzo! . great work !!
Sorry for my bad english .

I installed your mod 2.20 without problem, and works fine. The problem is when I copy Sysdata folder in the "NEO-GHOST" memory.
I always get the same error: " disk is full ..." (refering to NEO-GHOST, of course).
I reduced the size of the folder sysdata by deleting some language files, just to try, but always says the same

Can you help me? .

Thanks a lot .
Uhm, yeah strange indeed. Maybe you should take a look at the database file (Ace\Ace.db). Maybe that is growing bigger and bigger. Otherwise, try to delete the test video + test audio in sysdata folder...
If ace.db is too big, backup it on your computer and then delete it. After that, go to manual library update OR attach usb cable, do some file copy/renaming or so and then wait for automatic update.

Let me know
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

  #189  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:38 AM
jacout jacout is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Uhm, yeah strange indeed. Maybe you should take a look at the database file (Ace\Ace.db). Maybe that is growing bigger and bigger. Otherwise, try to delete the test video + test audio in sysdata folder...
If ace.db is too big, backup it on your computer and then delete it. After that, go to manual library update OR attach usb cable, do some file copy/renaming or so and then wait for automatic update.

Let me know
Wonderful! . Indeed as you said, the problem was in the database file.
In Db/R0db had 6 files:

Ace.dat 15,560 Bytes
Ace.log 3072 Bytes
Tmp2 616 Bytes
Tmp3 304 Bytes
Tmp5 288 Bytes
Tmp6 160 Bytes

I deleted all.
I did a library update and when Booting, Db/R0db only had two files:
Ace.dat 6448 Bytes
Ace.log 3072 Bytes.

So I copied Sysdata without problem in NEO-GHOST.

Now I can enjoy all the features of your mod.

Thank you so much, Lorenzo.
Best regards.
Reply With Quote

  #190  
Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacout View Post
Wonderful! . Indeed as you said, the problem was in the database file.
In Db/R0db had 6 files:

Ace.dat 15,560 Bytes
Ace.log 3072 Bytes
Tmp2 616 Bytes
Tmp3 304 Bytes
Tmp5 288 Bytes
Tmp6 160 Bytes

I deleted all.
I did a library update and when Booting, Db/R0db only had two files:
Ace.dat 6448 Bytes
Ace.log 3072 Bytes.

So I copied Sysdata without problem in NEO-GHOST.

Now I can enjoy all the features of your mod.

Thank you so much, Lorenzo.
Best regards.
Great! Will be inserted as a FAQ
Thanks for the question
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
hack, hacking, mod, r0, samsung, yp-r0

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.