android
Old 12-29-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Brand new at this and need some help.

I am in my mid 60's and my kids bought me a Zen V Plus and I have learned to download books onto it. That is what is going to be its principle use.

Two questions I have. The player seems to want to randomize playing the chapters. It will play chapter one and then jump to 15 or even to another book I have loaded onto it. How do I get it to play chapter one...then two...then three...etc.?

Second question is, I have found how to delete all of the files on the player but how do I delete individual files or two or three of them??

I am sure these are easy questions for those of you that have experience with these things, but an old man needs some help.....thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2006, 05:43 PM

I'm not sure how to delete the files, but I think the problem with the book skipping chapters can be solved pretty easily. On the main page, go to System, and then Audio Settings, then Play Mode. It might be on "shuffle". Just switch it to Normal, and the tracks should play in order.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Actually, I bet I know what the problem is - the audio files don't have ID3 tags. This is actually pretty easy to fix. MediaSource has a function for editing a file's ID3 tags. How exactly you go about doing that, I'm not sure, since I only use Windows Media Player. But when you do figure that out, then this is how I would have the tags set up for audiobooks:

Album = title of book
Artist = author of book
Genre = "Audiobook"
Track = book chapter (the lack of this tag, expecially, is why your chapters are playing in no real order)

Old 12-29-2006, 09:25 PM

Default can it be that hard to delete a book or a chapter of a book????

Thanks for the help on the chapters playing out of order, but any other ideas about how to delete a chapter??....I mean if you had 1500 songs on your player and you wanted to delete a certain five of them....is there no way????

Old 12-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Just locate the file you want to delete (easiest might be by bringing up the "All Tracks" list), bring up the context menu (see your player's manual for how to do this) and selecting "Delete Track".

Last edited by ZenChick; 12-29-2006 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Forgot which forum I was in! *blush*

Old 12-29-2006, 11:48 PM

thanks a lot...I will try all these suggestions...been a big help....