android
Old 07-17-2011, 06:43 PM

Default Memory card and napster to go

Recently my Creative Zen (32gb) broke and need a new device, urgently! I've been browsing around and the sansa devices seem to be outrageously cheap for the amount of space you can get with them. My old device couldn't fit all the music I wanted on it so I'm thinking of getting a 8GB sansa fuze with a 32GB memory card.

However, I'm a napster-to-go user and was wondering if the memory card from the sansa fuze would be compatible with napster to go?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by pudding4; 07-18-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I doubt Napster To Go will work with card memory. You should get an 8GB Clip+ or Fuze, and put your unprotected music on a card, and leave the internal memory for your Napster To Go files. In general, the Fuze and Clip+ tend to have many issues when MTP transferred files are put on card memory. Ideally the Sandisk players should be used in MSC mode with unprotected files, but if you need to transfer protected files in MTP mode, it should be only to internal memory to avoid problems.

One other thing about the Fuze. With mp3 files, the Fuze gets around 20 hours of battery life. Using WMA files , expect only around 14 or 15 hours of battery life. With protected WMA files, battery life might be only around 10 to 12 hours.

Last edited by JK98; 07-29-2011 at 10:50 AM.