android
Old 07-21-2011, 10:22 AM

Default How to remove pictures from my S545, please?

I don't want pictures on my Walkman, just tunes. All the photos from my computer migrated over to my Walkman, which is taking up space that I want to have available for music. It is very easy to delte them one by one at the Realplayer picture library. However, when I remove the Walkman from the computer, all my photos on my computer have then also been removed and are in the trash. I return them to "my photos" on my computer, and then the next time I hook up the Walkman via USB guess what....all the pictures have downloaded once again on my walkman! How do I tell the Walkman to only import pictures one at a time by my explicit command? Thanks so much....I am a new user, and hope that my blunders are helpful to other beginners.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwilliams View Post
I don't want pictures on my Walkman, just tunes. All the photos from my computer migrated over to my Walkman, which is taking up space that I want to have available for music. It is very easy to delte them one by one at the Realplayer picture library. However, when I remove the Walkman from the computer, all my photos on my computer have then also been removed and are in the trash. I return them to "my photos" on my computer, and then the next time I hook up the Walkman via USB guess what....all the pictures have downloaded once again on my walkman! How do I tell the Walkman to only import pictures one at a time by my explicit command? Thanks so much....I am a new user, and hope that my blunders are helpful to other beginners.
Having recently purchased a S545, I am glad to say I can help you with your problem . Just go to the Walkman menu (the one with the Walkman icon that pops up when you plug it to the computer)=>Configure Synchronization and uncheck the Images box. Great little product, even if the screen is very easy to scratch.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Thank you Cain....you might try one of those screen covers to ward off scratches. I applied one the minute mine came out of the box, and so far so good. I am sorry to say that I cannot locate what you are talking about. I turned on the computer, connected the walkman via USB, and do not see the location you provided. I just turned on RealPlayer, and it said something like "you have 258 pictures waiting for you.!" Yikes.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwilliams View Post
Thank you Cain....you might try one of those screen covers to ward off scratches. I applied one the minute mine came out of the box, and so far so good. I am sorry to say that I cannot locate what you are talking about. I turned on the computer, connected the walkman via USB, and do not see the location you provided. I just turned on RealPlayer, and it said something like "you have 258 pictures waiting for you.!" Yikes.
Well, it appears the moment I plug my Walkman to the USB. My screen looks like this:

Once I plug the Walkman, the following icon appears in my taskbar:

Then, I just click on it and the home screen appears:

Now all I have to do is click the green arrow icon and uncheck the images box:

Did you run the setup.exe and installed everything?

Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM

Forget MTP, it's a broken piece of junk. Put your Sony in MSC mode to use it like any removable storage device: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...6&postcount=20

Old 07-21-2011, 06:26 PM

Thanks for the tip dfkt, I had no problems with MTP, but this is even better!

Last edited by Cain; 07-27-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:07 PM

Cain, thank you most sincerely for walking me through the steps. I was able to get there, but when I clicked on the green lines to open the Sync site, there was no choice of music, pictures, or videos as per your illustration. The only thing there was this quote: "Select items that you want to sync with this device." The rest of the page is blank...there is nothing to choose from. No boxes to check or uncheck. As for Setup.exe, I could never get the installation wizard to finish...it would get going for 20 seconds or so, and then stop with the message: "Setup.exe wizard was interrupted. Please try again." Have tried many times, but it never installs. Thanks again for your kindness, and all the best to you. bcwilliams.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Administrator

There's no need for any software. You can follow the directions in the link dfkt posted or just leave the player in MTP mode. Just open a Explorer Window and drag things into the player's appropriate folder. When you get tired of that content either delete it or drag it back off again. It's that simple. Give it a try and see how it works.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:15 AM

Hey, that works great! I have tried realplayer and windows media player 11...problems galore. But Your suggestion has worked simply and perfectly. Thanks!

Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 PM

Good to see that you solved your problem, I hope that you are enjoying your new DAP!