android
Old 08-23-2011, 12:36 PM

Default Unreasonable times when skipping tracks

It can take anywhere from a full second to not at all when I'm skipping in shuffle mode. I never have this problem with the OF, and it was significantly less of an issue with my Clip+.

I've tried removing unnecessary tags etc. but it hasn't really helped much. I don't understand why the OF has no issue with this, but Rockbox struggles.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 AM

bump...

Old 09-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Rockbox doesn't struggle with immediate playback in shuffle mode, your setup does. I have relatively current build and jump from track to track easily regardless of which mode I'm in. In fact I can't remember seeing a report of this since the directory cache was enabled by default quite a while ago.

I would guess there's something different about your setup. You would need to supply how it is you're set up for anyone to start to know what might be different that's causing your problem.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 AM

I'm running the latest official build the updater gives me on a Sansa Fuze v1. That's about as bog standard as you can get, I don't see where I can have gone wrong or where I had the opportunity to "set it up" any different from anyone else.

What also bothers me is when I load on tracks when it's connected to USB in Rockbox mode, it'll power itself off. This seems amazingly stupid. I can manually change the timeout, but still, the OF doesn't do this.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:11 AM

Okay, what the hell.

I checked Directory Cache to be in the safe side. It's not on by default. When I enable it -

*PANIC*

audio_reset_buffer_noalloc():E0M(3700 > 36720)

Sigh. I'll try older firmware.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Its probably easier for everyone if you put all the information in one thread, rather then putting the parts about USB not working in this thread, and the stuff about album art in the rockbox thread. I'm going to close this thread, so that everything can go here:

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/...topicseen.html

Closed Thread