android
Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Thanks, I must have missed post #149.
There are links to those results, and my various battery life results, at the end of the original review.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
There are links to those results, and my various battery life results, at the end of the original review.
I noticed now but I didn't re-read it after your last edit.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexpid View Post
Did the other guy say why he thought his zip was defective? I just got mine in the mail yesterday and my microSD card slot(4GB Gunmetal Grey btw) is broken. I also recieved a mini-USB cable in the box as well instead of a micro-USB like the player uses. Basically what happens when a card is inserted is the player freezes if on and has to be hard reset. If inserted while off it will freeze at the sansa logo.

Can't wait to get my new player Amazon sent it today and it will be here tomorrow. Now I need to find a program for OSX to work on my album art/tags.
I had a similar problem with my new zip, i put in a mirco sd card from one of my other sansa's and it would freeze at the logo, funny thing is that is worked the first time i put it in there . i tried another a couple of other cards and no problem at all

Old 09-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I would think that boot time varies when new files are added, have you tried loading new files to see if there's a difference ...
The boot remains pretty much constant--it's the database refresh time, when one adds/removes files, that will vary (and that can be a pain--many minutes (20 minutes on my Clip+ with a 32GB card that is full), depending on database size and other related factors).

Although it is a pain (the refresh), it's not as bad as it might seem, given that one doesn't tinker with the files as much when there is a great deal of storage and files, as when one only has a smaller amount of storage and is moving music back and forth. But of course, still, I wish the refresh just went away/into the background with the OF.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexpid View Post
Did the other guy say why he thought his zip was defective? I just got mine in the mail yesterday and my microSD card slot(4GB Gunmetal Grey btw) is broken. I also recieved a mini-USB cable in the box as well instead of a micro-USB like the player uses. Basically what happens when a card is inserted is the player freezes if on and has to be hard reset. If inserted while off it will freeze at the sansa logo.

Can't wait to get my new player Amazon sent it today and it will be here tomorrow. Now I need to find a program for OSX to work on my album art/tags.
I had similar issue w/my micro sd card never finishing the database refresh on the CZ, and I had to remove it after force shutting it down. Then, after I updated the FW it said the fat was corrupted on each startup and would shut itself off. I reformatted it on a windows xp machine and attempted to reinstall the players FW, but the darn thing never got past a glowing green screen.

I sent it back to Sandisk & I'm waiting for a replacement clipzip.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Does having the volume turned up all the way affect battery life?

i have been using my Zip in the car and i turn up the volume all the way when i connect to the aux port and believe i got around 9 to 10 hrs on a charge

does listening at normal levels increase battery life?

Old 09-11-2011, 06:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Believe so.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb52 View Post

i have been using my Zip in the car and i turn up the volume all the way when i connect to the aux port and believe i got around 9 to 10 hrs on a charge

For other players it does, so I'd assume the same for the Clip Zip. I always turn the volume on my car all the way up and adjust the volume with the player so as to avoid exactly that.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb52 View Post

I got 12 hours with high bitrate mp3's at 2/3 volume, with screen brightness and backlight time set at minimum. So full volume probably did make a difference for you.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccilus View Post
I have not yet received my Clip Zip but I think I will start tagging my music already so that it is ready by the time my Clip zip is delivered. I am using Winamp for doing so. I wish there was something in Linux to tag my mp3 collection but there is no easy solution here.
I use kid3 for tagging my files.. Once you get used to the interface, you can get through a lot of files in a relatively short time.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:44 AM

It looks like Amazon has pulled the clip zip from its site.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRpunk1 View Post
It looks like Amazon has pulled the clip zip from its site.
There were some user reviews posted there that said people had received the wrong USB cables in their packaging.....the Mini-USB like the Clip+ uses, instead of the Micro-USB that the Zip uses.

So I wonder if they sent all their stock back to SanDisk to remedy the issue?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 AM

if that happened to me I'd just go buy the right cable somewhere I don't use the supplied cables that come with clips they are too short

Old 09-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't use the supplied cable either, but still, you shouldn't have to buy another one to even use the player. Too short with the proper connection is one thing, but with the wrong connection, what good is it?

Old 09-15-2011, 12:46 PM

I got my 8gb black clip zip from amazon and mine had the correct cable. But if those reviews were true, then it makes sense to pull the stock to be sure. Totally sucks if you cannot use the product because it had the wrong cable.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Administrator

We don't know why it's not up for sale right now. We do know Amazon earned it's rep from doing the right thing most the time. If they pulled them my guess would be something isn't right. It would be interesting to know what it is.

I read some negatives about packaging(wrong cable) and them not recognizing some cards. I see everyone else still seems to have them for sale. Wonder if Amazon got a batch that slipped through Quality Control?

Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 PM

you would have thought it would be easier to send out the new cables and bundle it with the product rather than doing a recall?

Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2003 View Post
you would have thought it would be easier to send out the new cables and bundle it with the product rather than doing a recall?
We don't know why it's not available but if it's the cable that would be way too much effort. I'd just pull them until you get the problem corrected and ship back the ones with the wrong cables.

Refurbs have to come from somewhere.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Maybe others were having bricking issues??? I hope I'm an exception & not the norm BTW.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Once SanDisk became aware of the cable issue, it fixed the situation, but damage in limited product already having gone out with the wrong cable had been done.

SanDisk also will send out the correct cable (free) to anyone who received the wrong one. But some people, apparently, never thought to telephone SanDisk at its toll-free customer service number and ask for assistance.

Closed Thread

Tags
clip zip, sandisk, sdxc compatibilty