android
Old 08-29-2011, 02:28 PM

Question x-fi2 charger help

Yesterday I plugged my zen wall charger into my player, it was fine charging as normal for a few minuets (I'm still able to use it when its plugged into the wall charger) then it shuts off. i turn it back on and instead of the splash screen showing the zen logo, it went to a battery symbol with a lightning bolt through it. (this symbol normally means charging but its never done this before) and it wont turn on when its not hooked up to the charger, any ideas as to what is happening?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-30-2011, 03:07 AM

I don't know what's actually happened, but I would personally try cycling the battery: charge the player fully (without using it); set it to play and leave it to run down completely (until the player shuts off); then charge completely again and see if that gets it sorted out.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:18 PM

Happened to me few times before it became unusable. You should back up your files in any case.

For me, this behavior became more and more frequent, until device became totally unusable. Every time i connected it for more than few minutes, it reseted and became unresponsive for a few hour. I had to return it to shop for replacement. (i returned it 1 day before 1 year of usage. I had a warranty 2 years so it didn't really mattered)

Old 08-31-2011, 06:22 PM

i charged it over night so it works now. I will be sure to back up my files as well. thanks for the help!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:13 AM

i too had the same problem the lighting bolt is the charging symbol and it means that the battery is completely drained let i charge for an hour or more and it should work fine