android
Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Default Zen X-Fi3 is here

http://sg.creative.com/corporate/pre...ses/?pid=13242

The creative Zen X-Fi3 is an mp3 player with wireless, Bluetooth, and the x-fi feature.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-03-2011, 03:01 PM

I really like the "brick-type" shape, it fits more nicely in a pocket than the latest Sony / Cowon PMPs.

I hope they can finally have the music library merging content from internal memory and memory slot, this has been the main drawback of the X-Fis.

It also a shame they don't schedule a 32Gb model, the proposed pricings look competitive.

Autonomy is a bit on the low side as well, but given the size and weight, it is understandable.

Headphones: AKG K240-MKII
To sell: JVC HA-FX300, Philips SHE9850

Old 09-03-2011, 04:50 PM

I'll be sticking with my xfi-2 for a few more years, I do like the xfi-3's design though. Sadly there aren't any hard buttons for volume.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienbasse View Post
I really like the "brick-type" shape, it fits more nicely in a pocket than the latest Sony / Cowon PMPs.
I have to disagree... Well, except the Cowon S9. That curved back just doesn't do much for me. But anyway, the Sony's and the Cowon's look much more pleasing to me...

Is Creative still dead-set on resistive touchscreens? I can't find if this is capacitive or resistive, but I've got to assume they still think resistive is "better for consumers"...

Old 09-03-2011, 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=I've got to assume they still think resistive is "better for consumers"... [/QUOTE]
lol. I agree, i don't know what their reason for that is but i think its silly to say that because of how much trickier it is to navigate a resistive screen

Old 09-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Here is their opinion on the matter. Basically, they think it's cheaper and that it's easier to not accidentally touch. They think their customers are mentally challenged... Not my opinion, btw.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:20 AM

Nice looking player, but where does it say it has a touchscreen? I only see touch-buttons, which I don't really like btw.

The wireless transfer and streaming may be a cool feature.

I wouldn't count on memory card integration, with all Creatives it's more like a way to backup photos from a camera than an extension of internal storage (even though you can play music from the card).

Old 09-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Another *fail* from un-Creative,...

Old 09-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No need to mention touch tech used, as it is clearly not a touchscreen device. I'll gladly pass on this one. Nothing mentioned that makes it stand out to me.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
No need to mention touch tech used, as it is clearly not a touchscreen device. I'll gladly pass on this one. Nothing mentioned that makes it stand out to me.
I didn't see the little touch buttons along the edges... My bad.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Here is their opinion on the matter. Basically, they think it's cheaper and that it's easier to not accidentally touch. They think their customers are mentally challenged... Not my opinion, btw.
idk i have accidentally pressed stuff way to many times when scrolling through a menu or something.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvb123 View Post
idk i have accidentally pressed stuff way to many times when scrolling through a menu or something.
Haha again, no insult intended, my friend.

I definitely agree that capacitive screens are more responsive, it's just a matter of whether you think it's good or bad. IMO, it's good, in terms of sensitivity and responsiveness, but even better in terms of scratch resistance and clarity of image. And that is the general consensus, if I'm not mistaken...

Old 09-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There is no good reason for an mp3 player device to have a touchscreen (or touch buttons). Any mp3 player device with a screen smaller than 7 inches diagonal should not use touch screen interface. It is more annoying than useful. WELL THOUGHT OUT tactile buttons are preferable and leave the touch screen interface to the tablets and slates.

Nuff said.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The only reason I may prefer touchscreen is for gaming and to save space. Touch buttons/pads are st00pad I agree.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yup, tactile is my preference as well - touch screen/pad/buttons SUCK!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I own a tablet and can agree that on a 10inch device it makes sense. Even when typing on it in portrait mode i still make mishaps compared to using it on landscape mode. Those with smart phones I concede, u prolly have to have touchscreen just to access the tuns of features on it.
But c'mon, we're talking MP3 players here, not full on phones. Do we really need touch screens? They bump the price up as well.
I still use a tactile mouse button and i still use tactile keyboard. Tactile is the fastest and least error producing interface and has no business being on summin simple like an mp3 player. (sansa have proved this point with the clip range. its just a shame they stepped out of their comfort zone with the fuze+ and look what happened? fail sales).

Old 09-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Like I said, it's nice to conserve size. If I want a video player, I want the biggest screen possible while still being portable-sized. I like having a decent size screen without tacking on the extra size for buttons. Also for games/apps. I like the J3's hybrid with touchscreen and buttons for playback.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

But back to the xfi3 for a minute.

It's greatest feature is its Apt-X Bluetooth feature. But if you use any apple device (itouch, ipod, iphone) coupled with creative's dongle seen here:

+

U get Apt-X Bluetooth from any apple product.

Even tho that dongle is made by creative for creative's line of products I bet it would work with other non creative speaker products. Besides, even tho creative are flunking in their own mp3 player range they're doing quite well with their speaker range.

Personally I like the idea of the new 6th gen ipod nano 16gb coupled with this dongle probably more than using the xfi3.

Another added bonus of using the dongle is avoiding the pairing process. It's a pain to pair and unpair dongles and devices when switching them about. For example, if i have a speaker or heaphone set paired with the above aforementioned dongle and now i want to use the xfi3, I have to unpair and re-pair all over again (which is annoying) so that the speaker and xfi3 are paired. I then need to do the process all over again when wanting to use the dongle again (such as when using the ipad or nano etc). At least when using the dongle exclusively I don't have to go through the pair process again and again, I just connect which device i want to stream bluetooth to the speaker (ipad, iphone or nano etc). The only draw back is that this is dongle is just for the apple range

Old 09-06-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Haha again, no insult intended, my friend.

I definitely agree that capacitive screens are more responsive, it's just a matter of whether you think it's good or bad. IMO, it's good, in terms of sensitivity and responsiveness, but even better in terms of scratch resistance and clarity of image. And that is the general consensus, if I'm not mistaken...
ha! Ya i see what your saying. Which one is better is a purely subjective thing.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
But back to the xfi3 for a minute.

It's greatest feature is its Apt-X Bluetooth feature. But if you use any apple device (itouch, ipod, iphone) coupled with creative's dongle seen here:

+

U get Apt-X Bluetooth from any apple product.

Even tho that dongle is made by creative for creative's line of products I bet it would work with other non creative speaker products. Besides, even tho creative are flunking in their own mp3 player range they're doing quite well with their speaker range.

Personally I like the idea of the new 6th gen ipod nano 16gb coupled with this dongle probably more than using the xfi3.

Another added bonus of using the dongle is avoiding the pairing process. It's a pain to pair and unpair dongles and devices when switching them about. For example, if i have a speaker or heaphone set paired with the above aforementioned dongle and now i want to use the xfi3, I have to unpair and re-pair all over again (which is annoying) so that the speaker and xfi3 are paired. I then need to do the process all over again when wanting to use the dongle again (such as when using the ipad or nano etc). At least when using the dongle exclusively I don't have to go through the pair process again and again, I just connect which device i want to stream bluetooth to the speaker (ipad, iphone or nano etc). The only draw back is that this is dongle is just for the apple range
I'm confused by what you're trying to say here. Did you mean Apple's line of products? Because if it's made for Creative products, it probably won't work with Apple products unless you hack it.