android
Old 09-08-2011, 04:50 PM

Unhappy X7 EQ/sound issue

Hi everyone. Hope you can help me.

I have a mac and cowon x7. Bad combination, I know...
Here`s the story: yesterday I unplugged my x7 unsafely and all the files were "gone". Hopefully, I knew the solution that worked the previous time. It also worked this time (just need to format the FLASH drive). But another problem occurred... After formatting the flash drive and tweaking EQ the sound became awful. A very noticeable distortion appeared on both lows and highs. How can that be ? I replaced some tracks which I tested (thought they were somehow corrupted after unplugging)-no result. Tried different firmwares-no result. I even formatted BOTH drives, copied some tracks-no result. There was still this distortion, noise in all tracks. I switched to Rock preset-eveything was OK ! The same was with other presets...

So here`s the custom EQ setting I use: 9/1/5/3/6 nar/wide/wide/normal/wide (80Hz-220Hz-1.1kHz-3.0kHz,13kHz), BBE 10, Mach3Bass 3, 3D Surrond 3, MP enhance ON, STE 3 ,Reverb 0. All tracks I tested were in FLAC and sounded perfectly before I unplugged my player yesterday... I think I checked everything, even the headphone connector !

Can anyone help me solve this ?

P.S. Funny, about 4 months ago I had exactly the same issue, but I don`t remember the solution >_<
P.P.S. The DarkSide sent here

Last edited by THE_TEST; 09-08-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: forgot to mention...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yup, I sent 'em,...

Old 09-08-2011, 05:08 PM

Well, I cannot still believe... but it seems I have fixed everything.
First someone told me to format both drives under windows pc, but not under mac. I did that. It took about 6 hours ! With no result. I tried formatting into different file sistems-NTFS, Mac os extended... Again with no result. The last thing I tried, was putting firmware v1.08 on it.

AND IT WORKED !

So now I know the difference between 1.08 and 2.08-the first one is in korean language =)

Last edited by THE_TEST; 09-08-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: mistakes ><