android
Old 07-23-2011, 07:49 AM

Angry New Hard Drive IRiver H340

Hi, just fitted a new battery and hard drive on IRiver H340 and very pleased that when we switched it on, everything appeared to be fine. My husband has connected it to laptop this morning and transferred all the backed up music onto it - no apparent problems and all the files are the laptop is showing that all the files are on the H340. The problem is that when it's disconnected from laptop, although it loads up o.k. it's saying 'No Files'. Can anyone out there come up with some ideas please, or we'll have wasted a lot of money and time. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-23-2011, 08:03 AM

Are your ID3 tags correct? If not try mp3tag, it's a free program that you can tag, check, etc all your files. A short tutorial is here.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Thanks but I was well out of my comfort zone on that one. As it happens my beloved has solved it and all is now well. Not exactly sure how, but it was either setting the IRiver to 'default' or pressing the 'reset' line on its side. Of course we then had to move all the music files back on but very pleased to say it works great now. For £40 (sorry that's not in dollars) I've got a 40gb Music Player with sound second to none! I've also got an IPod but music quality on that is not quite as good and there's no FM Radio on it. Actually, I believe there's a gap in the market at the moment for a dedicated music system with built-in radio. I don't want camera, video or any of the other gimmicks - just a quality music + radio - anyone know of one out there for future use? ........

Old 07-23-2011, 01:20 PM

Great to hear that you got it working

There’s plenty of good DAPs that have FM radio, just to name a few: Cowon, SanDisk, Sony, etc …

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-23-2011, 05:34 PM

Default Storage without gadgets

The only ones I've seen with radio either have loads of gadgets I don't want (and don't want to pay for in the price!) or don't have sufficient memory. 40gb is great I reckon and of course, I want excellent sound quality.

Tags
hard drive replacement, iriver, iriver h series, iriver h340