android
Old 09-21-2011, 03:10 PM

Default Sony S545 jack repair/remedy?

Any thoughts on whether I can fix the 3.5mm jack without having to send it in or buy a new one? Basically the earbuds or aux have to be jammed in really hard to make a connection -- and held that way or you don't get the sound. On a good day if I can get it just right it will make the connection...if I don't touch it (or go over a bump while driving) it will be ok but not very often. It started a week or so ago and it's gotten worse so that the aux or earbuds are not usable much at all (thank heavens for the built-in speakers!).

It's probably still under warrantee but of all the purchases I made at the time (last Christmas) this is the only receipt/warrantee I *can't* find, of course. Not sure if the jack would be covered anyway since it gets alot of use.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM

It dawned on me after posting this, that the mp3 player died after being left in a hot car, so even though it seemed to be a jack issue, I searched this question and found this in Yahoo Answers:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0174041AAwRAI5

It's fixed!

Old 10-18-2011, 10:54 PM

Ok, I dont' know if that was a solution after all. I forgot to report back: I discovered I *could* get music files to play, but not spoken word podcasts. I don't know if it was functioning like that prior to the reset as they it didn't occur to me they might operate differently (since they are all mp3 files).

I recently bought a second one and out of the blue it won't work for EITHER spoken word nor music when connected with an aux cord to speakers, either. Just like the old one, the built-in speakers work fine.