android
Old 09-27-2011, 09:43 AM

Default samsung galaxy s player wifi 5.0

I ordered a samsung player wifi 5.0 from Exportprive and the service was great I had it here in Canada in 4 days from South Korea . I just downloaded from Samsung Kies the new update to 2.3 last night . It is a great device .

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denann View Post
I ordered a samsung player wifi 5.0 from Exportprive and the service was great I had it here in Canada in 4 days from South Korea . I just downloaded from Samsung Kies the new update to 2.3 last night . It is a great device .
how did you update it because i can't update mine it says that version isn't official

Old 09-27-2011, 05:56 PM

What's your quick first impression of the device?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 PM

Default samsung gb70 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacp2 View Post
how did you update it because i can't update mine it says that version isn't official
when I received my samsung player the first thing I did was register with Samsung Kies and when I go to their site and plug the gb70 into my laptop I check for updates , I believe when I went into the site last night it automatically let me know about the update and it took about 20 minutes to do the update .

Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckr1977 View Post
What's your quick first impression of the device?
First of all I really like the 5 inch size , its a beautiful device and is very smooth in its action , lots of apps to choose from and because I purchased mine from South Korea it has the 5Mp camera and does good a job . I certainly would not trade it for an ipod touch . I still have lots to learn about using it but its coming slow but sure . I really am enjoying Skype on it .

Old 09-29-2011, 03:56 PM

Just in case no one has heard skype has a new update on the android market which enables the front camera on the Samsung galaxy player gb70 , I just updated and it works great on my 5.0 for a video chat with skype .

Old 09-29-2011, 05:35 PM

Yay! Confirmed it also just worked with the gb1

Old 10-17-2011, 06:50 PM

I just bought an American version and just realized it isn't the same as the Korean version so I was wondering is the battery life shorter or the same as the American 70 and does it use micro-usb? I just want to be cautious since I will be returning this version tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Hi. I am planning on buying the Samsung Galaxy Player 5. I was planning on buying the "iPhone 5", but was SO disappointed on October 4th, I'm tired of waiting of the right iPhone/Touch, so I'm buying Samsung's product.

You said that you bought yours from a South Korean company called Exportprive. I also realize that there seems to be some differences between the Korean and US versions such as 5MP vs 3MP camera, Froyo vs Gingerbread OS and the home buttons. I also noticed on their website that they have listed a 16GB and 32GB version and that the battery is listed as 1200mAh.

Which version do you have and can you verify that the 16GB or 32GB are the internal flash capacity (compared to the US's 8GB) and that they are not talking about the the MicroSD capacity? Can you also verify your version's battery capacity (I sure hope it isn't 1200mAh because I wouldn't know why they would want to put in a smaller battery compared to the US version at 2500mAh)? Lastly, can you verify that the language display can be changed from Korean to English on the Korean version?

If all sounds well, I just might get the Korean version instead.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
How?

When I connect my Korean 4.0 to Kies it still says that I have the latest firmware.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarracen View Post
How?

When I connect my Korean 4.0 to Kies it still says that I have the latest firmware.
It says the same when I look for an update , what I updated was not the long awaited 2.3.5 which is yet to come so we are told why we have to wait is not clear

Old 10-18-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like MP3s View Post
Hi. I am planning on buying the Samsung Galaxy Player 5. I was planning on buying the "iPhone 5", but was SO disappointed on October 4th, I'm tired of waiting of the right iPhone/Touch, so I'm buying Samsung's product.

You said that you bought yours from a South Korean company called Exportprive. I also realize that there seems to be some differences between the Korean and US versions such as 5MP vs 3MP camera, Froyo vs Gingerbread OS and the home buttons. I also noticed on their website that they have listed a 16GB and 32GB version and that the battery is listed as 1200mAh.

Which version do you have and can you verify that the 16GB or 32GB are the internal flash capacity (compared to the US's 8GB) and that they are not talking about the the MicroSD capacity? Can you also verify your version's battery capacity (I sure hope it isn't 1200mAh because I wouldn't know why they would want to put in a smaller battery compared to the US version at 2500mAh)? Lastly, can you verify that the language display can be changed from Korean to English on the Korean version?

If all sounds well, I just might get the Korean version instead.
I have the galaxy player 5.0 16GB with the capacity to go upto another 32GB with micro SD , the battery is 2500mAh and the camera is 5mp with flash and 3mp on the front . You can use the front camera for skype chat with skype update instead of waiting for firmware update 2.3.5 and yes you have a language choice for English or Korean , I was very pleased with Export prive they will always get back to you if you have any questions very good service

Old 10-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
First of all I really like the 5 inch size , its a beautiful device and is very smooth in its action , lots of apps to choose from and because I purchased mine from South Korea it has the 5Mp camera and does good a job . I certainly would not trade it for an ipod touch . I still have lots to learn about using it but its coming slow but sure . I really am enjoying Skype on it .
Question: The S Korea version is compatible with everything and works fine US wise correct?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post
Question: The S Korea version is compatible with everything and works fine US wise correct?
All you need is a converter thing for the charging cable, and know how to go into the settings and change from korean to english, but other than that everything will work.

DMB antenna wont work in the US of course, the the US model doesn't even come with that.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Hi. I'm also planning on buying the Samsung Galaxy Player 5 (Korean version). I would like to know if the FM tuner is compatible with North american standard and working well. Is french language available? How much did you pay (including taxes, shipping, duties, etc) Tx!

Old 10-19-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarpivot View Post
Hi. I'm also planning on buying the Samsung Galaxy Player 5 (Korean version). I would like to know if the FM tuner is compatible with North american standard and working well. Is french language available? How much did you pay (including taxes, shipping, duties, etc) Tx!
Based off my Korean device, when I go to the FM radio it gives me the option to pick locales from all over the world, US included.

French isn't available though, you will likely have to root and flash a french rom if you want french. On the Korean model, the only two languages available are english and korean.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarracen View Post
All you need is a converter thing for the charging cable, and know how to go into the settings and change from korean to english, but other than that everything will work.

DMB antenna wont work in the US of course, the the US model doesn't even come with that.
u mean like a European to american outlet adapter?

http://www.amazon.com/European-Ameri.../dp/B0019DERAG

I'm contemplating whether to get a korean or american version.
it may be $60 dollars more exportprive.com but it has a 5m back cam and 3m front cam , HD video recording and HDMI output.
would my purchase be justified because of all those pro's?

Old 10-20-2011, 03:08 AM

Yeah like that - really cheap to buy them. I'd buy a few just so you can lose them and be fine.

I'm not sure that the outlets here in Korea are the same as European ones though, you'll have to make sure that whichever converter you buy lists Korea somewhere on the box.

Also, I could be wrong but I think that the Korean 5.0 has a VGA front facing camera, not 3 megapixel. The back camera has flash though, and is 5 megapixel like you said.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:32 PM

After the initial first charge the 5.0 had just over 12 hours of battery usage before the "low battery" warning appeared. I used a mix of Music, WiFi and a little bit of video.

Not too bad.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRockbox View Post
After the initial first charge the 5.0 had just over 12 hours of battery usage before the "low battery" warning appeared. I used a mix of Music, WiFi and a little bit of video.

Not too bad.
Not Bad INDEED !