android
Old 09-29-2011, 01:26 PM

Default Did this happen to anyone SGS 5.0?

I just received one from someone who bought from Woot. But I think I bricked it already. It had some battery power. So I was checking out some mp3's already on it. Then everything froze. The battery still said like 30%. I turned it off, and it won't come back on. I plugged it in to charge, and nothing happened on the display. It won't turn on when plugged in either. I'm hoping it's just cause the battery is so dead. But I think it's done.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-29-2011, 01:46 PM

Luckily it hasn't happened to me, but my Cowen S9 locked up. Fortunately it has a reset hole on the back that you reset with a paper clip. You may have to take the back off, and remove the battery. On guy I met with an iPod said his froze, and after the batter died, it came back to life.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:55 PM

As Joe Linux, suggests hopefully the player will reset itself after the battery fully discharges.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:54 PM

The guy said I could return it for a full refund. Hopefully he sticks to his word lol

At least I had one for 10 minutes. I thought the size was perfect.

I noticed though that the About Device said the capacity was 5GB with 4.?GB available. I thought that was weird. I realize the OS takes up space. But it looked like it was 5GB to begin with.

Last edited by Dewed; 09-30-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:24 AM

Default frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewed View Post
I just received one from someone who bought from Woot. But I think I bricked it already. It had some battery power. So I was checking out some mp3's already on it. Then everything froze. The battery still said like 30%. I turned it off, and it won't come back on. I plugged it in to charge, and nothing happened on the display. It won't turn on when plugged in either. I'm hoping it's just cause the battery is so dead. But I think it's done.
This may sound crazy but I ran into the same problem and started pushing on the volume button and it came back , wierd ! Hope it helps you

Old 10-01-2011, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the tip. I tried the volume button, but maybe not enough. I also tried holding the power button for 10 seconds or more, cause I seen somewhere to do that too. Nothing worked, so I sent it back.

Now I'm wondering about the new version coming out in the US with 2.3.5 out of the box. But if a lot of these are locking up ... that kinda scares me. I wonder if the 2.3.5 would have fixed the problem?

Old 10-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewed View Post
Thanks for the tip. I tried the volume button, but maybe not enough. I also tried holding the power button for 10 seconds or more, cause I seen somewhere to do that too. Nothing worked, so I sent it back.

Now I'm wondering about the new version coming out in the US with 2.3.5 out of the box. But if a lot of these are locking up ... that kinda scares me. I wonder if the 2.3.5 would have fixed the problem?
did you try to put it in download mode by pressing power, volume - and home button?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 AM

I have had this problem with my samsung galaxy 550 phone. Maybe its something to do with a bug in samsungs modded version of android. I removed the battery and put it back in since there is no reset hole on the phone and it comes back to life only to do it again like a day later