android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Miscellaneous Tech > Anythingbutiphone > Windows Phones

Old 09-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Windows Phone Moderator

Default Editorial I wrote on the lack of confirmed Tethering on GEN1 handsets....

[IMG]http://www.***********.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Tethering_2.png[/IMG]

There is no denying that both the Mango Windows Phone 7.5 update, and its smooth deployment globally has been nothing short of brilliant! It almost seems nitpicking to raise concerns over still-missing features or expectations that remain unmet by Microsoft and it’s Carrier and OEM partners. That being said, this post has been born out of the simple frustration of not being able to get any of these three parties to confirm who has ultimate accountability for explaining the lack of Tethering support for apparently compliant hardware devices in the market today.

Some answers would be nice...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-30-2011, 12:05 PM

I still have no idea what tethering is. Does it have anything to do with a pole and a ball on a strings.

EDIT: Ok, I actually read your article, nice read. I dont know why you didnt just post here though.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Windows Phone Moderator

If I post the FULL editorial here - then this site might get linked to across the net, rather than my site where I host all my editorials, reviews etc on WP7.

I'm spending a fair bit of time and effort trying to maintain that site as a sole part-time blogger - building my brand and networking. I also try to find the right balance between building and sharing content to abi (a site I have great respect for since I first researched my Zune HD purchase).

You will see that 90%+ of all threads here have been started by myself as I also try and build a solid foundation for WP7 at abi for future growth (the OS will sell more - of that I have no doubt).

Hopefully most of the time I get the balance right....and hopefully the fact that I havent been sacked as the WP7 mod here at abi means that the powers that be here also belive that...

Thanks for the feedback and taking the time to read it

Cheers.
Sheeds.

EDIT: PS - You can see my Photoshopping skills are pretty shite!