android
  #1  
Old 10-08-2011, 04:55 PM
chotto chotto is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Default Does The 4.0 Support the Japanese Language?

Does anyone know whether the 4.0 can support (read) Japanese font?

Is it possible to type in Japanese font, also?
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 10-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Joe_Linux Joe_Linux is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotto View Post
Does anyone know whether the 4.0 can support (read) Japanese font?

Is it possible to type in Japanese font, also?
My guess would be yes, as mine has a combination Korean / English keyboard.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 10-08-2011, 06:50 PM
chotto chotto is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Linux View Post
My guess would be yes, as mine has a combination Korean / English keyboard.
I'd like to know for a fact...

Can you see a Japanese input? Is your player a Korean import or a European version?
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 10-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Joe_Linux Joe_Linux is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotto View Post
I'd like to know for a fact...

Can you see a Japanese input? Is your player a Korean import or a European version?
Korean. It has just two languages.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 10-09-2011, 01:40 AM
chotto chotto is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Linux View Post
Korean. It has just two languages.
Thanks for thre reply. Maybe there's an app I can get. Being able to write n Japanese would be a huge plus for me.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 10-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Joe_Linux Joe_Linux is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotto View Post
Thanks for thre reply. Maybe there's an app I can get. Being able to write n Japanese would be a huge plus for me.
I'm sure there is a Japanese version somewhere. The question is how do you get it. The next time i boot into WinDO$ I will hook up to Kies and see if there is any option to install other languages.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 10-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Sarracen Sarracen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 90
Default

If you want a device where everything is in Japanese, I think you will be out of luck unless you purchase from Japan.

However, if your primary concern is the ability to type in Japanese, you can download a Japanese IME from the android market, and apply it in the settings.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 AM
chotto chotto is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarracen View Post
However, if your primary concern is the ability to type in Japanese, you can download a Japanese IME from the android market, and apply it in the settings.
Brilliant. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 10-11-2011, 12:30 PM
alucard2x alucard2x is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarracen View Post
If you want a device where everything is in Japanese, I think you will be out of luck unless you purchase from Japan.

However, if your primary concern is the ability to type in Japanese, you can download a Japanese IME from the android market, and apply it in the settings.
That's pretty sad since Android by default includes the Japanese localization but manufacturers rip out locales at will. It also has a built-in Japanese IME which manufacturers (outside of Japan) choose to disable. That's one thing I always though was great about iOS is that everything is there by default and I don't have to worry about if I'll have to root and install Japanese fonts (which is the case with some phones) or having to use a third party IME which isn't integrated into the OS. Hopefully someone hacks the Japanese Galaxy rom to run on these.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
J0ckie J0ckie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
Default

For Japanese input (IME) try 'OpenWnn plus'. I've been using it on my Korean import for a while and it works well.
Also, for a Japanese dictionary that works offline I recommend using 'Aedict'.
It is possible to add a Japanese locale with 'morelocale 2' but it only changes some things not everything.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.