android
Old 10-10-2011, 09:49 AM

Default Strange Issue with S545

I've had my Walkman for a couple of years and really like it. I have two strange issues that I invite comment on:

1) I use the Walkman to listen to a radio morning show, then in the afternoon, change it to my music. When I start music from shuffle, it always starts on the same song. It has only changed that song a couple of times (the last time was when I have added a whole bunch of music about 4 months ago). I even completely wiped out all the music on the player over the weekend, deleted songs from Windows Media, and re-installed the music. It still starts on the same dang song. This isn't a huge deal, but I have gotten sick of skipping it right off the bat. And no, I don't want to delete the song from the player.

2) This one is most annoying. A couple of weeks ago I got energized and rated a someof the music on my computer via Windows Media Player. Since then I have not heard a single 4 or 5 star rated song on my Walkman. Yesterday I was on the bike for 8 hours, and and I heard nothing but unrated music (I didn't rate anything lower than 4 stars). This started immediatly after syncing after rating the music, and has nothing to do with the re-install that I performed this weekend. Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks for any insight you guys have to offer!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-10-2011, 11:15 AM

The first thing is just how the S540 series sorts music. Mine did that, yours does it, everyones does it. It's just the way the Walkman organizes music.

As for the other one... maybe skip using WMP? For that matter, skip using any kind of syncing program to put music on it. You can just drag and drop files and directories using Windows itself, and there's no need for any software.

If you feel you need to use a program, try Songbird or one of the other programs. They will work the same, but with some of the odd quirks removed.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
The first thing is just how the S540 series sorts music. Mine did that, yours does it, everyones does it. It's just the way the Walkman organizes music.

As for the other one... maybe skip using WMP? For that matter, skip using any kind of syncing program to put music on it. You can just drag and drop files and directories using Windows itself, and there's no need for any software.

If you feel you need to use a program, try Songbird or one of the other programs. They will work the same, but with some of the odd quirks removed.
Hmm, I have an earlier model (don'thave it with me, so don't know the #), that I don't have the first issue with, so I figured it was some setting that I had neglected. Guess not.