android
Old 10-12-2011, 04:40 AM

Default WiFi 4.0 flash video playback

Has anyone had any problems with flash video playback? Youtube working just fine, no problems there, BUT stuttering on megavideo and videobb when using any browser: the stock browser, opera and dolphin HD.
I've looked on the net and found a solution in which one should copy a config.data file into the flash plugin folder, but that solution won't work at all...
Any suggestions? Try watching something on megavideo or videobb (not even hd material!) and see if everything runs smoothly.
I forgot to mention: mine is a European yp-g1 running froyo, kies says it's the latest for this version.

Update:
Just updated to 2.3.5! Good news is that the video playback problem seems to have disappeared. Thankfully Samsung decided to upgrade the EU-version of the players. I hope they keep it up to date from now and that we'll also get ice cream sandwiches as a nice dessert!

Last edited by ctlro; 10-12-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-12-2011, 01:47 PM

Oh! 2.3.5? I still have the "This version of the device cannot be updated" message. I'm using some firmware I got from Samfirmware.com. I got tired of the Chinese firmware on mine that lacked market access. I wonder how the rest of us can get our hands on that update...
What version of the firmware do you have? Maybe I can switch to yours?

Old 10-14-2011, 04:00 AM

Firmware version is as said 2.3.5 and the build is gingerbread.xgkp1
I've got it trough kies, so I have the firmware only as an installation and not as a ROM. Maybe it will appear as a ROM on samfirmware and then you could try it.
If you have the Chinese version of the 4.0 then I don't know if it will work though. Samsung has separate firmwares for separate markets: Korea, EU, China and US, as it seems.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:43 AM

Yea, I really don't know what firmware I've got lol. It says I have Chinese firmware still but I flashed it to some kinda firmware with Market access and put a vpn on it. So idk. I'll just wait for it to surface on samfirmware I guess. Thanks for the heads up on the update being released.