android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 12-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 Rearth Ringke Case: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gala...ht_11600wt_952

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
Any recommended hard case or covers for 5.0 ? I've searched around and most were quite expensive in fact .

People mentioned that this is a good case but correct me if i'm wrong , i'll have to get another case to protect the back otherwise it'll slip out easily ?

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-F...3629408&sr=8-1

Well, I can get my player 5.0 to *start* to slip out of the case (wearing a TPU back cover) with several good shakes. Not that this is something one would normally do! I think it would come out easier with no back cover.

I think you could use the case alone, depending on what you were doing with it. In a purse or bag, and kept with the open end up, should be no trouble. I just don't like to have to worry about it possibly slipping out, since I often stash it sideways in my purse. The device with no back cover felt slippery to me and I felt like I might lose my grip on it holding it, so I like having a back cover.

A back cover is like $5 shipped on eBay, so it doesn't add much expense considering the Amazon case is also cheap. Maybe get the Amazon case, see what you think, then if you feel it is not enough, then get a back cover?

Old 12-26-2011, 06:27 PM

That Ebay cheap back rubber case is actually excellent.Have been using it for few weeks with no issues.perfect fit

Old 12-27-2011, 04:52 PM

This week at Best Buy the SGP4 and the SGP5 Riot PowderCoat Case plus a Griffen USB dual port Car Charger are bundled for $19.99. All Riot cases are 40% off and BB now has the Riot Folio case for the SGP 5 for $17.99. In store and online. Sale prices end Saturday, 12/31. If you bought a case from BB in the past month they will price match.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:49 PM

Got a couple deliveries today, I can confirm, this car charger works on SGP5: http://www.amazon.com/Professional-R.../dp/998554627X

The cheap Ebay rubber case is very nice too! Very nice "grippy" side features. Makes it stay in the Leather case mentioned earlier very well.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
This week at Best Buy the SGP4 and the SGP5 Riot PowderCoat Case plus a Griffen USB dual port Car Charger are bundled for $19.99. All Riot cases are 40% off and BB now has the Riot Folio case for the SGP 5 for $17.99. In store and online. Sale prices end Saturday, 12/31. If you bought a case from BB in the past month they will price match.
I've been using the Riot Folio case for a month now and it's holding up well. No signs of wear or tear. I always use it with the front cover folded back and under the SGP and there are no signs of any wear at all that I can see. The inner suede lining is a bit of a dust and lint magnet though.

I just added the Zagg Invisible Shield on the screen and it looks and feels great. It doesn't interfere with the sensitivity of the touchscreen at all. And it truly is "invisible". After it dried, I can't even see the edges of the screen protector that were there when I first applied it.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:52 AM

Is this the right Zagg screen protector? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058KGFFG/ref=cm_sw_su_dp The picture shows a hole for the home/menu button which I believe is for non US versions but I wonder if they just have the wrong picture. Zagg doesn't have the product number on their site for me to compare. I'm ordering a few other things from amazon so would rather get this from there as well.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:37 AM

Found this bundle for the 4.0 on Amazon for $19.99 from GTMax. It has a leather pouch case, screen protector and other accessories. No car charger included.

http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Universa...ef=pd_sim_e_11

Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 AM

I got the bundle that is on sale at BestBuy this week for $20. The Griffen USB dual port micro (size not port) Car Charger does work with the SGP5 - use your own usb to micro usb cord. The case is not bad. The bundle should have been 45.99 if purchased on the sale prices they are advertised for separately this week. At the regular BB prices they are around $60 together. Not a bad deal for $20! There is a similar bundle for $20 for the SGP 4.

I also have the Riot folio case and it is pretty good. It securely holds the SGP5 in place with a semi-soft plastic inner case and the top secures closed with velcro. I would have preferred that the cover opened to the left like a book, but it opens to the right. The back of the folio folds down the middle to allow full use of the rear camera. I have only had the SGP 5 and the folio case for a week, but so far it is very good.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 AM

For those of you that have the Riot Folio case do you find it easy to remove the SGP5 from it? I would like to buy a dock for mine and I am looking for a case that it is easy to remove from.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:13 AM

The sleeve/case in post #57 is very nice if you need fast removal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajoe View Post
For those of you that have the Riot Folio case do you find it easy to remove the SGP5 from it? I would like to buy a dock for mine and I am looking for a case that it is easy to remove from.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:36 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...cps_02_04_t_lh

I just noticed the Ringke "silicone" case show up on Amazon. No free shipping but looks like a good product. Red, light aqua and black, looks like.

Now, I wish I could magically know if it will fit into my pDair leather beltclip case.
http://www.amazon.com/PDair-Leather-...5190907&sr=8-2

If so, I'll be totally set.

Still nothing on the Otterbox website for either GMP.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajoe View Post
Yes, it is very easy to remove the SGP5 from the Riot Folio case. The SGP5 is held in by a semi-soft inner case that is very flexible but secure enough to keep the SGP5 safely in place. Just move the inner case off one corner and peel the SGP5 right out. I have taken it out and put it back in several times with no problem.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:00 PM

the Rearth Ringke case which can be found on amazon is a perfect fit on the 4.0 (mine arrived today) its a soft case silicone, but is very thin compared to the average case, I wouln't trust it to do much in a accidental drop, but it slides in and out of pockets easily.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:36 AM

Thanks for the feedback on the Riot Folio. I hope there is more 3rd party support for the SGP. At this point I feel like I am trying to find accessories for my Zune which was pretty hard to do back in the day.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:43 AM

Its been mentioned before,Ebay search on SGP 5.0 case comes up with a variety of really great soft gel cases very cheap.I have two and they fit like a glove with all the ports open so they never have to be removed.The black one for 7 bucks really complements the device.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:37 PM

So im thinking about the Ringke case or another silicone soft case. However if they really don't do anything to protect esges during a fall, I see little use. What to folks think about this issue?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:06 PM

To me, it's better to have some protection than none at all.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
So im thinking about the Ringke case or another silicone soft case. However if they really don't do anything to protect esges during a fall, I see little use. What to folks think about this issue?
they give you a better grip on the device so your less likely to drop it and they cover up all that white

Old 12-30-2011, 10:19 PM

The Ebay ones wrap around the front slightly, so it does protect the "edges". The side "grippers" are real nice. You can cut out some adhesive backed rubber (weatherstrip?) in any opening that doesn't have a purpose (like the 2 corners).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post