android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 01-21-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat View Post
Only the body... what use is a covered screen?
there are some cases that have a built in screen protector

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2012, 09:06 PM

A quick warning: DO NOT get the rearth ringke samsung player 5.0 silicone case. It DOES NOT fit, it's too small The first one I purchased actually ripped when trying to fit my player in it. I ended up getting a replacement, and i had to same problem. I just read some comments on amazon, and according to rearth, there was a problem during manufacturing. The cheap gel/silicone case sold on ebay fits amazingly, looks great and costs less than half the price.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljan View Post

Their website does not say much about these. Only that they are removable and washable. It would be nice to know what they are made of, how they go on, and what makes them removable.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K O B O View Post
Other than folio cases with a flip over cover, what cases have built in screen protectors?

Old 01-21-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:

Found this - brief description of how to apply it and what it looks like.

Now I am interested as it is a dry application and does not have adhesive. I have to find out more about it.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:33 AM

With no adhesive and not a wet application,how does it stay on?

Old 01-22-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K O B O View Post

links please?

Old 01-22-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglor808 View Post
A quick warning: DO NOT get the rearth ringke samsung player 5.0 silicone case. It DOES NOT fit, it's too small The first one I purchased actually ripped when trying to fit my player in it. I ended up getting a replacement, and i had to same problem. I just read some comments on amazon, and according to rearth, there was a problem during manufacturing. The cheap gel/silicone case sold on ebay fits amazingly, looks great and costs less than half the price.
thanks for the info, i was thinking of buying the rearth case. any idea if their screen-protector is any good?

can u pls share the link for the SMP 5.0 case available on ebay which ur talking about.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
links please?
I do not have it right now, but if I come across it again I will certainly post it.

Sorry I could not be more help.

Have a Magical Day.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
thanks for the info, i was thinking of buying the rearth case. any idea if their screen-protector is any good?

can u pls share the link for the SMP 5.0 case available on ebay which ur talking about.
The rearth screen protectors should be good. Someone already posted a link to the ebay case i was referring to, but i'll repeat it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gala...item4ab27af235

Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
With no adhesive and not a wet application,how does it stay on?
If this is like a screen protector from Nushield that I have for a cell phone, it is a hard protector that holds down by static and fits slightly under the edges of the screen. I have an email out to the company to find out details. This makes it possible to pull it up and clean it if necessary. I like the nushield protectors very much but they do not make one for the SGPs. I am hoping to find out that this one is the same.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:10 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglor808 View Post
The rearth screen protectors should be good. Someone already posted a link to the ebay case i was referring to, but i'll repeat it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gala...item4ab27af235
thanks for the link. any idea if this case is good, like it can last long or should i get 2 of these if they wear out quickly. asking this becoz i've to import them

anyone knows if the above case is good or the one by PDair http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...ducts_id=33657

Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 AM

hi.. can someone please recommend me a good screen protector, the one being sold by rearth is not in stock. i've searched many on amazon but its confusing.

Please let me know which one are u using for ur SMP 5.0.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 AM

They are both the same case.I got burned by jumping too quickly and bought 2 from pd air for 10 bucks each but they are same as one on ebay.No need for two but at that price why not get another.they are good quality and only hang up is some full size headphone jacks do not fit in the hole cut out by case but all in ear phone jacks do.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 AM

I've read that Skinomi protectors are good, haven't tried one. http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechSk...335783&sr=8-12
I tried the 2 pack "USA" Ebay ones, they go on easily, but I found they get oily much quicker than bare, and also showed scratches/wear after a month so I removed it. Many are "dry" these days, much easier to install, basically "static cling" holds them on (and works well)... just watch out for dust!

This one doesn't look bad, I may give it a try: http://www.amazon.com/Lexerd-Samsung...335783&sr=8-16

Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 AM

I tend to be hard on things in my pockets, so I put a Skinomi screen protector on when I first got my SGP5 (end of September). I am very happy with it. It shows no wear yet and looks great IMHO. For the aesthetic purists, if you hold the screen at an angle to the light you can see some little ripples that don't look as spiffy as the naked screen. However in normal use it looks great, doesn't degrade touch function in any noticeable degree and is durable and easy to clean.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Back in the day I bought a pkg of overhead projector sheets. Something like 25 8.5"x11" for about $7. I used a paper cutter to cut them to size of my PDA. I worked great and was a hell of a lot cheaper that pre cut store bought ones. Static kept the sheets on.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:05 PM

I have a Zagg Invisible Shield Screen Protector on my SGP 5.0

I rather like the wet application over the dry. Once I place the protector on the screen, I can adjust it a little just by sliding it around the screen, then squeege the excess liquid out and gently blot it dry with the cloth that it comes with. Once it dried, 12-24 hrs, the few tiny bubbles and slight imperfections smoothed out and it's totally invisible, as long as there's not dust and lint that got caught underneath the protector. It's not anti-glare and the protector has a very smooth feel and my fingers just glide over the screen. Greasy fingerprints stick to it, but I can wipe it clean with a dry cotton cloth and it comes out nice and clean and shiny. The screen protector that I got does not have a cutout for the home button.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:32 PM

I mention the Projector Sheets earlier because there was no Zagg. I had to replace the sheet once a month because they got scratched up very easily.

I have be a Zagg user for the past two years. I have Invisi shield on all my devices. I have put my devices in tool bags with fasteners and never had a issue. I don't have a case for case sake. I do have cases for management of my devices though. It looks more business like but for casual I throw it in my pocket with change, keys and all.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
I have be a Zagg user for the past two years. I have Invisi shield on all my devices.
Do you use the full body or max coverage ones? I was wondering how good the grip is on a device when covered with the full body shields.